So, guess what.

Yaaaaaaaaay! Congratulations, how exciting :happydance:

Holy cow, I miss everything! Congrats, Shannon! Glad I came back today to hear the news! :flow:

LOL. I think I may vomit, I'm so nervous! And it's not even the 'real' thing yet! Just papers! :wacko:
But now some of our plans are kind of fucked up and I feel terribly guilty. :sad1:

It's MIL's birthday on Saturday, which we both spaced on! We've already booked the damn hotel and have all our arrangements and such made when GMIL texted OH yesterday saying, "We're having a BBQ on Saturday for your mom's birthday!" And I was just kind of like, "FFS." So he texted back that we wouldn't be able to make it. So then his SFIL texted him TODAY and said instead they were doing dinner TOMORROW night and we HAD to come! We were supposed to be leaving for Colorado Springs (an hour away) right after he got off so I would have sunlight for the highway drive but now we have to go to dinner and we won't get there until past 10pm! But now I feel obligated to go and I just feel SHITTY!

It's MIL's birthday on Saturday, which we both spaced on! We've already booked the damn hotel and have all our arrangements and such made when GMIL texted OH yesterday saying, "We're having a BBQ on Saturday for your mom's birthday!" And I was just kind of like, "FFS." So he texted back that we wouldn't be able to make it. So then his SFIL texted him TODAY and said instead they were doing dinner TOMORROW night and we HAD to come! We were supposed to be leaving for Colorado Springs (an hour away) right after he got off so I would have sunlight for the highway drive but now we have to go to dinner and we won't get there until past 10pm! But now I feel obligated to go and I just feel SHITTY!

Aww no :( Do they know you guys are getting married? xx

Yeahh i was gonna say, you guys getting married and having a honeymoon is more important than a dinner... does your MIL not think so?xxxx

Um, no. Not yet. I have told my side of the family and he has told his dad's side of the family but he won't fucking tell his mom's side of the family and it's pissing the living hell out of me! He's like, "She doesn't need to know." "It's not important." "It's not a big deal." "She can find out through Facebook.", etc. And I'm like, "No. Zach. You HAVE to tell her, you HAVE TO." She and I, we're okay with each other now but she's not thrilled. Zach has already told her that we were going to get legally married this summer and she was like, "I don't understand why you NEED to. Can't you do this or this? Marriage and divorce is a BIG thing. I can't stop you though, you're 18 now." Blahblahblah. But when Zach's dad found him through Facebook (Zach's mom banned him from his life when he was young) he "told" his mom by listing him as "Father" under Facebook and she was so hurt and angry! I don't want this to be the same! I told him even a simple damn text saying, "Hey, just heads up Shannon and I are getting paper married tomorrow." or something like that. ANYTHING! ](*,)

I'm stressed. :cry:

:hugs: i'm not surprised, i would be stressed out too!
You're right, he DEFINITELY needs to tell his family, i can understand him being worried that it would cause friction, but has he considered how upset and hurt she'd be finding out that her son got married and didn't tell her?
If he doesn't tell her Shannon, i think you probably should :hugs: hard situation!
xxx

He kind of has disconnected from his mom (me as well :() ever since he met his dad. He's very cold towards his mom and no, she's not my best friend, but she's done a lot for us. She cried for days and days after she found out through the Facebook way about his dad and I'm not doing it again. I told him I'm not getting married until he tells his mom first. [-(

Wow, I would be gutted if I was sat on FB one day and Noah's relationship status went to 'married' and I didn't even know! :shock: Funny thought, but seriously, he should tell her! Is he scared of her reaction or what? Tell him to suck it up and be a big boy! :lol: xx

I'm not sure if he is scared or just doesn't give a flying fuck! :lol:
He just texted her. :-#

Ohboyboyboy. Please go well! [-o<

Oooooh good luck.
I'm so excited for you hun! And really jealous! I have to wait 2 years until me and Scott get engaged :(

Oh he did it real nicely. :roll:

"Im gettin married tomorrow justice of the peace just lettin you know."

#-o

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back