So itchy....going nuts

My tummy is like that and legs sometimes- it's so annoying. Try calamine lotion :)

Let your midwife know, itchiness can sometimes be a sign of obstetric choletheasi. x

Yes, please get checked. Prob nothing to worry about but OC not pleasant x

Yeah, you need to get your bloods tested for obstetric cholestasis. It can be very dangerous if it goes undetected. Please see your midwife or dr. I had unbearable itching on my arms & legs a few weeks back (I scratched my legs to bits & it looked horrific!!) so I got my bloods done & thankfully all was normal. My dr also prescribed me some cream & antihistamines. However, I was due to have my bloods done again this week as sometimes nothing shows up on 1st test... But in the last couple of days the itching has really started to improve which is such a relief!!!! Im sure yours is nothing to worry about either & will go in its own time, but please, get your bloods done just to be sure... Better safe than sorry :)

yes, get checked just in case. i was really really itchy, and went to the doctor yesterday just to make sure - turns out i have PUPPS. they gave me some steroid cream.

I called this morning, I have to fast for the bloodwork so going in at 6 am Saturday. She asked if I had ate at 8 am today....I was like "hello...I am pregnant...I had 1st and 2nd breakfast by 8 am LOL"

Does anyone know the treatment if would happen to have OC?

I was itchy in arms in 1st trimester too, it wakes me up.

I read alittle and it said palms and feet would be itchy, and mine is just crazy on my arms and ankles right now.

I am relieved to get blood done.

I called this morning, I have to fast for the bloodwork so going in at 6 am Saturday. She asked if I had ate at 8 am today....I was like "hello...I am pregnant...I had 1st and 2nd breakfast by 8 am LOL"

I read alittle and it said palms and feet would be itchy, and mine is just crazy on my arms and ankles right now.

I had oc in last pregnancy. My itching was palms and soles of feet aswell as lower legs. I got some medications to help and was induced on my due date. Fingers crossed its nothing. X

My legs have been itchy all the way through on a night, was with my first, too. But the last week my arms, back and sides have started mostly at night and I get little bumps on my arms. So she's done blood tests today just incase. But she thinks its likely just hormones causing it!

Hi I has oc in my pregnany they will prob put u on urso tablets they do help if ur on them long enough I had my upped but once they were as high as could go I was okay , u will be under a consultant if u have it and will be induced before 38 weeks I was induced and was very quick labour had gel to bring labour on and it was only a 45 min labour lol hope it all goes okay

The soles of my feet were super itchy the other day which was weird. That's stop now though.

I have had intermittent itchy belly but know that's just because its stretching.

i have oc and i had really bad itching and my levels came back very high it can be dangerouse if undetected but if u do have it dont panic too much i have to be monitored twice a week and have blood taken once a week. i have been put on urso tablets which are working and monitoring has been great so far however if you do have it they will not let your pregnancy go past 37 weeks so you will be induced !

xxx all the best

Hi ive just been in for bloods for testing for oc today as ive got uncontrollable itching its everywhere driving me crazy. Get ur bloods checked it can be dangerous if undetected

Blood was only a 2, minimum a 10 for concern, so they have no worries.

They think it is just hormones.

Blood was only a 2, minimum a 10 for concern, so they have no worries.

They think it is just hormones.

I would say it's hormones, I had this issue during my first pregnancy and I was really concerned about it but the doctor said it's hormones or dry skin, in my case it was both. I used to put tons of Aveeno Anti Itch lotion on me and it helped. I dealt with this mostly during the 2nd trimester and I continued using the lotion until I gave birth, but in my case it came back about a month after delivery and at that time in addition to the Aveeno lotion, I used the Aveeno powder treatment as well which helped a lot. It eventually subsided and I thank God I haven't had it with this pregnancy too, although I must admit I would have been more prepared this time.:haha:
Take care.

Reactine (if u have where u live) is class b. So sorta safe. I broke out in whole body itchy hives this week - likely due to hormones and 1 5mg pill was all it took to let me get some relief an sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->