So last night...

mommyB

2 boys and a girl
Reaction score
So last night while I was making dinner, I asked my DH if we can move our TTC up one month to December.....I got turned down! I was actually so upset. He says, "well maybe at the end of December." Well, maybe I can't negotiate when I ovulate??? I was so emotional that I started to cry, and ask "why can't you just give me December?" Now that I look back at it, it was kinda silly. It is just a month. I'm just too excited, so the rest of the night we hardly talked to each other. But we made up....:winkwink:. LOL. So today at work, like half the women who came in today were pregnant. I don't know about you ladies, but before you decided to try, did you notice pregnant ladies? Now it's all I pay attention too. I guess I never really notice women that were pregnant before now. Oh well.

I think that everyone around me is pregnant!!! I think that it's just the age we are at. My hubby and I will be trying in December...in time for our fifth wedding anniversary. It took him that long to be ready. I figure I can wait for it to be a good time for the both of us. I think it will make the act of trying that much more fun/relaxed. January is less than 3 months away!!! Good luck when you start trying!!!:happydance:

:hugs: yep when we were ttc maddi pregnant women were every where! xx

aww hunni :hugs: January is only around the corner and theres lots to keep us all busy with christmas. I know what you mean about pregnant women though - they seem to be everywhere the last 6 months - everywhere you go there are new borns or heavily pregnant women - i blame the credit crunch! people are staying in more and 'enjoying it' lol. xxx

i blame the credit crunch! people are staying in more and 'enjoying it' lol. xxx

That's the BEST theory I've heard so far!! XD
OH and I had Sept. 2011 set before, but now we've changed it to June 2011 because the chances of getting pg straight away are pretty slim, so it's just smart to get a head start! OH agreed, weirdly enough! lol. Maybe you could temp his that way? Get your body used to the idea and ease you both in slowly?
Worth a try I suppose! xx

Could you ask him to try NTNP as of Dec and actually start 'trying' in Jan?

It's weird, it's only a month but Jan seems sooo long away but Dec doesn't. Dec always goes by so fast though, you won't notice it! If you had to wait out Jan tho, that could be painful as Jan always drags so much lol

And yeah, when we were ttc with Violet, there were pregnant women turning up everywhere. And I remember watching the telly thinking 'they've got pregnant and had their baby by time we actually know we're pregnant!' (and it only took us 2months to fall!!) :blush:

I notice pregnant women everywhere!!! It's like they are everywhere just at the moment.:baby:

I notice pregnant women everywhere!!! It's like they are everywhere just at the moment.:baby:

my OH points out pregnant women everywhere... it's so embarressing :blush:

he's always look baby! she's gonna have a baby!!! almost makes me think it would be better off if OH didn't know about my love of babies :wacko:

Aww, mommyB, I'm sorry you were upset last night :hugs:

I'd love to start TTC now, but I look at it this way: in December we're going to go to England for Christmas, which means lots of really rich foods, gin and tonics, Christmas wines, and champagne. I figure it will be my 'last hurrah' before starting a family, because if I was pregnant in December I'd probably have horrible morning sickness that wouldn't allow me to eat the wonderful food and wouldn't be able to partake of the traditional Christmas drinks. That's what I keep telling myself anyways :wine:

Now, if we weren't going to England for Christmas and staying here instead I may be more combative about the January start date, lol :dohh:

Oh and I notice babies and pregnant women all the time!

Like today in the coffee shop, a woman brought in her two week old daughter, so cute!

Funny story:

Last night I picked DH up from the airport and as we were walking to baggage claim a random guy that was on DH's flight said to him "man, that sucked that you got stuck sitting next to that baby on the flight. At least it was short, right?" DH answered "actually she was cute and very good the whole time." Random guy just kind of went "really?" and walked away. I was so proud of DH for that comment :kiss: He said that he was sitting next to a little girl who was 20 months and she kept dropping her crayons and he had to keep picking them up, but he thought it was funny and he spent most of the looking over her coloring book as she showed him her pictures.

LadyOfRohan that's so sweet about your OH, he's clearly more than ready to take on the challenge lol.
And you're so right about the Christmas thing lol! I'm gonna hate not being able to enjoy Christmas fully, I'd better make the most of my next two, they'll be my last ones before babytime hopefully! So scary to think that I'm only going to have two more Christmases just me and OH, then it'll be full of poop, crying and brightly coloured tacky toys from horrid relatives! Oh the joy...
xx

LadyOfRohan that's so sweet about your OH, he's clearly more than ready to take on the challenge lol.
And you're so right about the Christmas thing lol! I'm gonna hate not being able to enjoy Christmas fully, I'd better make the most of my next two, they'll be my last ones before babytime hopefully! So scary to think that I'm only going to have two more Christmases just me and OH, then it'll be full of poop, crying and brightly coloured tacky toys from horrid relatives! Oh the joy...
xx

And you know you'll love every minute of it :winkwink:

It's true, I REALLY will! Kids make Christmas special, can't wait :D xx

Thanks so much ladies for all your kind words! I got to thinking that December is a crazy busy month for me with work. And between working and family get togethers and Christmas it will fly by. I don't know what I would do without you ladies. I have only been on here few days, but I really like all the support you ladies give.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->