So much bigger with consecutive pregnancies..

KatBar

~Lucky mumma of 2 boys + girl on the way~
Reaction score
This is my second successful (so far) pregnancy. I'm approaching to 18 weeks and I am already as popped out/rounded in the belly as I was at 21-22 weeks with my first son. It's actually scaring me a little, as I feel like I am going to be super dooper huge by 40 weeks! And I wasnt exactly small in the bump with my first son!!

I'm interested/curious to hear from others if they felt they're bumps were a lot bigger second time round, or even third etc.. And how they felt towards the end - more stretch marks? Worse muscle separation? More or less the same?

Im a little bit behind you and I look about 20/21 weeks pregnant already. Its insane. I have a very small torso so I have nowhere to go but out although it took forever for me to show with DS#1. I know alot of women say you show a lot sooner because your uterus is already stretched out and remembers what to do.

Baby number 2 and I'm showing a lot earlier this time around!

I'm a big girl, size 18/20 and my last pregnancy I was size 26/28 so last time I kinda just looked chunky until about 25 weeks really when the 'B' belly disappeared and the bump took over.

This time, I'm 15 weeks and I look about 25. My tummy has really rounded off, I look massive. It's not through eating crap either as I eat the slimming world way 90% of the time still!

I dread to think what I'm going to look like in 10 weeks time!

Thanks ladies! It's comforting to know I'm not the only one! :)

It's winter here, so I've been wearing a lot of hoodies that don't show off the bump (not intentionally). And when people ask if I have a bump and can they see, their responses have all been "wow!!" with a wide eyed look lol.

I've actually been told I look smaller this time around, but I'm at the end (almost 37 weeks), however, I do feel like I was showing sooner when in the earlier trimesters.

I am huge now o feel like I am as big as I was at 30 weeks with twins :/ I am terrified of how much bigger I am going to get.

I'm bigger this time round. I'm 17 weeks and look like i did at 24 weeks with my last baby.
I think it's to do with the stomach muscles already been stretched in previous pregnancies

Im bigger earlier this time too:) Im 19 weeks 1 day and already look 25+:p 2nd child:) Im glad the baby is healthy but Im already getting tired of the "wow your big! Arent you 6 months!?" crap:p

Thanks for all the responses. It's interesting to hear everyone else experiences with it!

Funnily enough, I am recovering from the flu, which means I am only just getting my appetite back. I had a full week of forcing myself to eat a small breakfast, lunch and dinner just to make sure baby got something. But was eating nowhere near as much as I normally do. And of course now my tummy is a much similar size to my first pregnancy.
So it appears a lot of my belly size is just due to the food I eat hahaha.

I am only 14 weeks and look like I did at 20 weeks with DD.

I hope you are recovering well from your flu :)

I am only 14 weeks and look like I did at 20 weeks with DD.

I hope you are recovering well from your flu :)

Thanks sweetkat! I'm getting there verrryy slowllly haha.

Certainly sounds like your popping out at 14 weeks :)! Glad to hear it's still all going well too!

Baby number 3 for me and I'm huge!! I am only 14 weeks but I look at least 5 months pregnant. I had a midwife appointment the other day and she found baby's heartbeat up really high and told me it was because everything was already stretched my uterus was sitting so high. :haha:

Oddly, I'm the opposite, which I didn't expect. I'm not skinny anyway, though I'm not massively overweight either, just definitely have a tummy whether pregnant or not. With my first, I was really uncomfortable and in maternity clothes from 8 weeks. It was mostly just bloat, but it hung on until 14 weeks and then I was getting a bump anyway. I also couldn't tolerate the feeling of a waist in trousers. It felt so uncomfortable which is why I was in maternity clothes so early.

With my 2nd (3rd pregnancy, but previous one ended in mc), I did get some bloating but it wasn't that bad and was gone by 10 weeks and I've stayed in my normal clothes the whole time. I'm 15 weeks, nearly 16 now, and you wouldn't know I was pregnant, everything fits fine, etc. I wasn't expecting that at all. I worry I'm suddenly going to pop though and I'll have no clothes because I've been so laidback about it all and haven't bought anything. If it wasn't that I've been having movement regularly from 13 weeks, most days I would probably forget I was even pregnant.

I was huge with my second! A bit worried about how big I'll be with this one!!

I have GD but even up until last week, looking at me I didn't look pregnant. But this week it's really obvious that I am pregnant - I've popped literally over night! I'm 'Beached Az' already and it's not even funny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->