So much conflicting advice!!

Stephytiggs

Reaction score
I'm getting stressed!! Have just bought the basenettes and they come with the coverlets. But to me this is like a quilt, which newborns aren't suppose to use? Is it ok to use the ones that come with the basenettes?

Also fleece blankets are readily available for newborns but I keep hearing they should be only allowed cotton blankets e.g the cellular ones?

Argh, help!! Xx

I used to swaddle mine in a cellular then put a fleece blanket over the top when it was cold. But at the time I lived in house with rubbish insulation and an old heating system so it got cold a lot no matter how much I had the heating on. Get a room thermometer to guide you as to what clothing, blanket and how many layers to use at any time. I won't be using that little quilt think that comes with the moses basket as I don't think the y are safe, no bedding should be loose and those cannot be tightly tucked in to make sure baby cannot wriggle or pull it up over their faces.

Thanks twin mum!! I'm having twins too! I thought the same about the ones with the bassonettes there very flimsy and dont tuck in properly!! I plan in getting one if those groegg things for the room temp xx

I used to swaddle mine in special swaddle wraps (he was a swaddle addict!) And only used cellular blankets extra needed.
He is nearly three and still in gro bags, he blooming loves them so still not used blankets here.
I was very strict about what went in his bed though, a comfort toy he could breathe though, air wrap bumpers and just a tight fitted sheet on the bed for a long long time. Now it's the same plus a about 6 teddies crammed in! I was much stricter then a lot of my friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->