So much for today being THE day...so disappointed :-(

b23

Ollie's mummy
Reaction score
Just went to the much talked about and recommended "no appointment necessary" clinic, only to be told that I need an appointment to have my implanon removed. You don't need one to have it put in or replaced, but if you want it taken out completely it's a different matter. You can't imagine how angry and upset (to put it mildly) I am :sad2: I thought today was the day.

Having it taken out takes no longer than having it put in, and I'm a married woman in a stable relationship - what's the problem?! Surely, if a woman can decide to have one put in because she wants to, she can have it taken out because she wants to? They then decided to tell me that I would need to wait over 2 weeks for the next available appointment, at which point I walked out. Is it just me or is that pretty grim in this day and age? It's no wonder people don't have high opinions of the NHS!

Aww I'm sorry to hear that I know you were excited! I hope the next two weeks fly by for you.

Sorry this happened,
*hugs*
Dinah

I've not even booked the appointment, I just walked out. I think I'm going to go in at another time and say there's a problem with it (it is too close to the surface of the skin and always has been) so maybe I'll be seen that way.

Oh Noo :( I'm sorry to hear about that, thats a bit out of order! Good plan, just fib and say something wrong with it, then they will see you right away :D Good luck x

Aww :( so sorry to hear this - it must be such a disappointment :hug: xx

Why don't you say you want it changed, and then once they've got the old one out, say you've changed your mind and you don't want them to put in the new one? They can't force you to have a fresh one put in...

That really sucks. Seems like you can spontaneously decide to get one put in but somehow when you decide to have it taken out you need supervision. If you were 14 I could understand them wanting to talk it through with you but for an adult this is absolutely ridiculous. So patronising!
I'd probably go somewhere else if you can but that's just cause I'd be pissed off with them and wouldn't feel like going back. If you can't then I'd make the appointment asap and get it taken out but I'd probably let the right people know that I wasn't amused. Problem is that the nurse or doctor who told you probably doesn't make the rules..

Oh my goodness, how terrible is that - I see no sense in that, particularly if you don't have to make an appointment to have it put it in, why would you need one to get it out :shrug:

when i wanted mine out i rang up to check if i needed an appointment - they told me no, so i just turned up only to be told i needed an appointment, i was angry that i had wasted my time and effort so i told them so!! Luckily i got it out the same day! How about you go back play your face - certainly worked for me!! GOOD LUCK. i know its crappy having to wait :(
:hugs:
xxxx

I know, i had an appt to take mine out last week but they siad it was too expensive to just have it out, when i told the doc it was hurting and thats why i wanted it out he just told me it was fine and not infected so that was that, i didnt want to but couldnt stop myself and i started crying, i just wanted it out, i didnt want to be given reasons why it doesnt/shouldnt hurt lol, i know people with them so i know what it should be like lol,
I agree with Fly say you want to change it over then change your mind lol

Gosh, it sounds awful, I never thought much of this sort of BC, but now I will certainly never use it. Hope the situation is solved soon.

A bit of an update for you all... I went back in there asking for an explanation, but there doesn't appear to be one! I asked when the next appointment was in that case and the receptionist told me it wasn't until November 4th (I went yesterday). I said that that really wasn't good enough, she said that she could in that case offer me an appointment on October 22nd with the catch being I have to travel 20 miles each way to get to a different clinic. I agreed to this because I can't bear to wait any longer than I have to, but if I didn't drive it would be difficult for me to get there. It's madness!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->