• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So much is happening, cant cope.

bluecathy1978

Mum to 6 kids & 2 angels
Reaction score
I gave birth to my beautiful daughter just over two weeks ago by emergency c section but on the same day my grandma passed away.

I am only just starting to deal with the fact that she has passed away as recovery from my c section has been really hard compared to my last two.

We are saying goodbye to my grandma tomorrow. My husband wants to come along to the funeral as well but we have 3 children that are pre school age and have found it hard to get someone to look after them fir us. We were let down at the lad minute yesterday by a friend so we have now resorted to my elderly mother in law to sit in the car with the 2 eldest (2&3) and we can take baby in with us. We can't leave her at home with them as she wouldn't cope and I don't trust her with them.

My baby also has picked up a cold and I am really not very good at the best of times when they are ill but I am a total stressed out mess at the moment.

I feel like things are spiralling out of control and I am feeling awful.

I have had post natal depression before and I don't want to go back there but this is how it felt.

I just want it all to stop. The people who I could talk to about this ie my mum r husband already have enough to deal with without me going nutty too.

Hun, i'm so sorry for your loss. They say when someone is taking their last breath, a baby is taking their first. You lost someone special but were also given something special on the same day.

I completely understand the feeling of things spiralling out of control. I suffer from PTSD, anxiety, health anxiety and depression. I manage all of these things on my own with no medication. I HATE the feeling of being out of control. SO I can definitely relate with how you are feeling.

I always remind everyone "take it one day at a time" . Sometimes that is all we can do. Keep your head up and remember "this too shall pass" :hugs: if you need to talk i'm here and you can message me. Stay strong.

Firstly im sorry for your loss.

I was in the same boat 2 years ago. I had a very traumatic delivery, was them admitted to hospital with an unrelated illness and lost my lovely nanny a few weeks later. (She was in the hospital ward next to mine)I had surgery just a week before her funeral so was all rather overwhelming. My MIL who I don't trust sat in the car with our daughter while at the funeral then we went home.

It sounds strange but it has made me a stronger person. Personally I managed on a day to day basis. If things went wrong I cried, picked myself up and tried again. Be kind to yourself, you have a lot going on but you will get there. Don't think of it as not coping, think that you haven't got a solution to all the issues right now but you are working on it. You will do it, just breathe xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->