So much trouble sleeping!

hshucksmith

Mumma to William
Reaction score
Every night is the same! I'll lay awake thinking about babies, there's nothing more to it really! I'll wake up at 3am thinking about babies... Any tips to get babies off the mind and make it easier to fall asleep? It's becoming such a nightmare, I'm getting about 3 hours sleep a night :/

x

Im the same lol can never get to sleep before 5am its headwrecking! A good funny book helps and so does listening to music! :hugs:

Tried that this evening! Been relaxing since Emmerdale at 7pm! Had a nice warm bath, read books, done some art work, listened to music, watched a film... Just can't turn off :(

No tips I'm afraid hun cos I'm the same!!
Haven't been sleeping too well for the past week & when I'm lying awake babies is all I can think about! If there was a baby in my belly there would at least be a reason for me lying awake and not sleeping! :|
Hope it doesn't last too long for you :hugs: xx

Ooooo tips for helping sleep .. well

A few drops of lavender oil on the underside of your pillow (since it can be a little overpowering) or a lavender scented bath is proven to aid sleep.

Don't get into bed when you still feel awake but when you do start to feel tired.

Routine is very good, like every night have a bath, use only your bedroom and the bed for sleeping (don't watch TV etc) because this can confuse your body, the bed should be a sleep trigger.

Sleep in complete darkness if you can, because when it becomes light your brain produces a hormone to help wake you up, no light, no hormone so you are (supposedly) going to get a better sleep.

There are herbal things you can take like Kalms sleep that is supposed to aid your sleep.

Oh and watching what you eat before bed is also proven to help, no caffiene etc.

Sorry for the long post, but I used to suffer with terrible disrupted sleep and I found a mixture of this has really helped my brain switch off and I am less tired during the days.

Hope this helps :blush:

I agree with photos blue lots of good comments there, a routine is good! Lavender is good a nice warm bath and reading before bed. Try some relaxation.
Good Luck!

i dont sleep either. i think of baby stuff all night long. omg! lol

This is so me recently. I get in to bed and i just cant sleep and all i can think about is babies. last night i lay there with my hand on my belly just wishing!!! I find wearing ear plugs help as it shuts off everything (oh breathing lol) but apart from that im still struggling

xx

What realy helped me was getting a date to ttc and knowing that he was on bord.I still get this every now and then but not as bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->