so much washing!!!

xerinx

TTC logans lil bro or sis
Reaction score
Ok so ive been using cloth for 3 months or so now and washing has never been an issue but now my fil has moved in with us so im washing 3 adults clothes, a babies clothes, towels ect and nappies!! Its starting to do my head in!! :growlmad:

So far today ive done a full load of our stuff with logans, a full load of fils stuff and i need to do a nappy wash too! My outside line is full and so is my clothes maiden!! I have no where to dry his nappies!!! ARGGGGGGHHHHH! :cry:

Sorry for my rant but its bugging me! Im the only one that does the washing in the house! Fil just fills a bag up and leaves it for me, and oh just leaves clothes on the floor!! All i seem to do is wash!!!!!!

The only think im gald for is that i have alot of nappies so dont need to wash often but my buckets full!!!:nope:

Ugh, that'd drive me insane!! I find it bad enough washing for a baby and 2 adults :wacko:

Could you maybe say to your FIL about him doing his own washing? Kinda do it as "It would really help me out, and it could mean we could wash on different days" or something. If you want to be nice, that is. Or... you could just explain that you have way too much to do to wash a grown man's clothes, show him out to use the machine, and then if he leaves a bag of washing out... ignore it! I'm evil though...:muaha:

I don't see why you should have to do his washing as well?
is he a guest/paying boarder then maybe but if your putting a 'roof' over his head he should be helping you out rather than taking liberties!! don't let him walk all over you honey! put your foot down and tell him to do his own!!

He is paying us every week and we are 'looking after' him. He couldnt cope living alone so has moved up here... we arent sure if this is perminant or not yet!

It annoys me coz oh acts like a different person when his dad is around too!!

Wow, you are a very generous person. I couldn't stand my FIL coming to live with us - murder would be done! :shock:

Im already getting close!! And tbh i dont have much of a choice! He put us up last year while we were looking for a house so cant really say no and i know oh wouldnt say no as fil is alone after mil died :(

That's such a tough situation :( I really feel for you :hugs:

Is there any way you could break things up a bit? Like tell him... "I'll do your laundry on X day, if you need something done before then could you maybe do it yourself?" I tend to stick to doing mine and DH's laundry on a Saturday or Sunday, and LO's through the week. If I had to do another adult's load suddenly, I guess I'd try to do it on a Wednesday to try and spread things out.

Yea i might try that... its just annoying!! Luckily all our stuff dried on line so fils is now out there while nappies are washing and i can dry them on airer.... i just blame men!! Totally like father like son!! Im now getting logan in bed while cooking their dinner while they both sit there!

Oh offers to help me after ive done it!! :dohh:

Men! :dohh:

Just wait till Logan is a teenager and doing exactly the same :rofl:

Welcome to my world hun!

2 adults
1 almost 16 yr old GIRL who rather throw it in the wash after trying on than hang it back up....
1 toddler
1 baby
2 cloth bums

IT NEVER ENDS!! :rofl:

Its driving me crazy already!! I need a bigger bucket i think so i dont have to wash every 2 days!!

You deserve a medal hun!!!

I said to my hubby last night we need a bigger wash basket to hide it in!:lol:

Hahahaha i dont own a wash basket! I own a bedroom floor in ohs eyes and a bin bag in fil's eyes!!

Welcome to my world hun!

2 adults
1 almost 16 yr old GIRL who rather throw it in the wash after trying on than hang it back up....
1 toddler
1 baby
2 cloth bums

IT NEVER ENDS!! :rofl:

Omg I know that one!! My 17 year old daughter is exactly the same, except it all ends up on the floor!
I refuse to go in there and collect her washing so if she doesnt bring it into the kitchen in her laundry bag, then it doesnt get washed... it always ends up with her bringing out a few loads worth when I've just finished our washing!
GAAAHHH!!!

Its driving me crazy already!! I need a bigger bucket i think so i dont have to wash every 2 days!!

You deserve a medal hun!!!

just buy another bucket honey - i have 2 big buckets and enough nappies to cram the washer, i wash every 4 days atm.

Yea im gonna hun... i have like 80 nappies so i know im not gonna run out i just need another bucket!!

now that one!! My 17 year old daughter is exactly the same, except it all ends up on the floor!
I refuse to go in there and collect her washing so if she doesnt bring it into the kitchen in her laundry bag, then it doesnt get washed... it always ends up with her bringing out a few loads worth when I've just finished our washing!
GAAAHHH!!!

:lol: I was just talking to hubby about this and we are going to get her a linen basket of her own so she can see what she's creating! She does her own ironing so maybe now's the time for her to start putting a load of washing in!

Yea im gonna hun... i have like 80 nappies so i know im not gonna run out i just need another bucket!!

80 nappies!! You'll wash once a week with that lot! :rofl:

I have 2 pails on the go for my two but I even did when I just had Sid in cloth. I dont know how anyone can manage with one pail?!

I would but i need a bigger bucket for them!! I can only fit 2 days in mine and thats a struggle at the min (esp as this morning had 3 dirty nappies in an hour!!) Think i need a wheelie bin!! :haha:

Dont think it will fit in my kitchen... ahh what the hell ill get rid of the cooker!! No one would notice as im the only one that uses that too!!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->