So nervous about birth defects

Reiko_ctu

Reaction score
All of a sudden I just got really paranoid that something will be wrong with my baby. I’ve had three totally healthy girls and so scared the odds are against me now, being 34 and not taking my prenatals in first tri because I was so sick with Hg :(

I have my anatomy scan on June 18 so I have to wait until then to see a healthy baby and I’m kinda a wreck right now.

It is such a nerve wracking time. The likelihood is that everything is OK but I know what a horrible wait it is. :hugs:

It’s very scary thinking about it but chances are you wouldn’t have made it this far sadly if something was badly wrong. It’s more likely everything is ok like Bev said but I understand your worry.
I was nearlly 39 when I had my twins and it was all ok, my diet wasn’t great from sickness either and there were two needing nutrition but they are ok!
:hugs:

Sending hugs I’m sure all will be okay. There were lots of days I missed my prenatal because I was so sick with HG too and all is fine with baby. Lots of baby’s were born before prenatals or to people who weren’t planning so didn’t take them :hugs:

Everytime I get paranoid my grandmother just calls my girls into the room. I had HG with both, took zero prenatal supplements and diet was the worst, they both came out healthy. I understand the feeling though but just got to remember baby will always get what they need.

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. It’s so hard just being in the dark because it’s going so slow. Once I have an anatomy scan and if things are ok, I will feel a lot better.

Argghhh it is so worrying and the time waiting for that anomaly scan goes so darn slow.
It's normal to be anxious hon but I'm sure everything will be perfect.

I don't know if u remember me saying but I felt time just stood still from 16 weeks onwards.
I found that wait very boring and a very anxious time.

Hugs hon. I saw u wasn't well either and I'm sending u big get well hugs.

This fear was worse for me with each pregnancy. I kept thinking for sure my luck would have “run out” as I had (x) healthy kids already with no concerns or diagnoses so surely I was a fool to keep rolling the dice. It’s all magical/superstitious thinking and what helped me was thinking about the Duggars haha, 19 kids with no birth defects whatsoever. It’s all a mind game so you might as well find all the stories you can of big families where all the kids are fine (which is basically what always happens).

I was extra terrified of stillbirth this time too; I know how it feels, your mind gloms on to this particular thought and it feels real. But it’s just a thought. It’s as meaningless as any other thought, no matter how it feels.

huge hugs. Baby is fine!!

This fear was worse for me with each pregnancy. I kept thinking for sure my luck would have “run out” as I had (x) healthy kids already with no concerns or diagnoses so surely I was a fool to keep rolling the dice. It’s all magical/superstitious thinking and what helped me was thinking about the Duggars haha, 19 kids with no birth defects whatsoever. It’s all a mind game so you might as well find all the stories you can of big families where all the kids are fine (which is basically what always happens).

I was extra terrified of stillbirth this time too; I know how it feels, your mind gloms on to this particular thought and it feels real. But it’s just a thought. It’s as meaningless as any other thought, no matter how it feels.

huge hugs. Baby is fine!!

We have a family here in the UK that have beaten the Duggers. They have 22 children and all healthy. No birth defects.
There called the Radfords and sue was 45 when she got pregnant and gave birth to baby number 22.

Ure have to Check them out. They have a YouTube chanel called the Radfords and also have been on TV alot over here.

I worry about still birth too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"