So nervous for scan tomorrow

sedgeez

Mummy to my rainbow
Reaction score
I went to the EGU last Thursday due to spotting, I had a scan and baby was ok, measured 8 weeks 2 days and had a heartbeat.

I bought a Doppler on Monday, thinking to myself that I know it's early but there's no harm in trying. But after 4 days of trying and not finding a heartbeat I can't help but worry.

I know it's really early and I'm very impatient too. But after having a missed miscarriage in feb I can't help but have the little nagging voice in the back of my mind telling me the baby has died.

I don't have a date for my 12 weeks can yet and I don't see the midwife until the 30th dec. I really don't want to spend Xmas worrying about the baby.
So I booked a private scan and they said they could fit me in tomorrow.

I'm very nervous as to the outcome.

I'm still very sick which I know is a good sign. I'm on tablets for it but they have started not to work and I've been throwing up.
I just hope everything's ok tomorrow. I'm dreading them saying there's no heartbeat.

I tried not to get attached to the baby this time but after the scan last week I couldn't help it. I started getting super excited.

Sorry for the rambling I'm just very nervous :nope:

Huge hugs. I'm sure all is fine if you've already seen a good healthy hb. I know it's so easy to say don't worry but I really do think all sounds positive for you.

I hope you have another good scan tomorrow - then Christmas will be here and it will be your 12 wk scan in no time at all!

I had my 12 wk scan today and was 100% terrified it would be bad news after some spotting this week but it was all looking perfect.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on xx

Thank you :flower:

I do kind of feel deep down that everything's ok, but I just don't want to get my hopes up after last time.

Congrats on your scan! :thumbup:

I hope mine will go good too!

Aww, I can relate to this feeling :hugs: bet baby's just fine though! Dopplers can be tricky when your not used to using them so early, have you had a look on YouTube at where to find it, its super low hiding underneath your pelvic bone and sooo tiny, very easy to miss! X

Hope all goes well at your scan hun. I was so worried there would be no hb either but don't worry I'm sure your little bean is happy and healthy in there!

Also about the doppler. I haven't got one but I have an anterior placenta according to my notes so it's infront of baby. I have heard people say on here before when they use a doppler with an anterior placenta, It can be hard to hear babys hb through it. So maybe it's infront of your bubba too x

Aww, I can relate to this feeling :hugs: bet baby's just fine though! Dopplers can be tricky when your not used to using them so early, have you had a look on YouTube at where to find it, its super low hiding underneath your pelvic bone and sooo tiny, very easy to miss! X

I did watch YouTube but I'm very impatient so I don't think I was as slow with the wand as I should of been. I just went straight into panic mode lol

I'm not going to use it until at least 12 weeks. Maybe not even then lol x

Hope all goes well at your scan hun. I was so worried there would be no hb either but don't worry I'm sure your little bean is happy and healthy in there!

Also about the doppler. I haven't got one but I have an anterior placenta according to my notes so it's infront of baby. I have heard people say on here before when they use a doppler with an anterior placenta, It can be hard to hear babys hb through it. So maybe it's infront of your bubba too x

I was worried there would be no heartbeat at the scan I had last week. It's just this stupid Doppler getting me worried.

When did you find out you had an anterior placenta? I might ask about that.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->