So new mommies, did you forget the pain?

i remember how painful the first 20 hours were before i got the epi and physcially shaking with each contraction. once i had the epi i felt loads better but then i had the c section and broke down in theatre and im finding it hard to come to terms with my c section. so no i havent forgotten but i he was so worth it i would do it again x

no way it hurt like hell and im so scared for next time xxx

I can still remember every painful detail but now realise that I can heal & get better... Next baby will be different though, epidural please! (I'm such a traitor to my cause!)

I know I was in terrible pain for 2 days, I remember not breaking down and crying until a few hours before he was born. I do remember that it was painful, but I also remember it wasnt half as bad as I expected it to be x

I didn't forget but I didn't think that it was all that painful. I was up and moving a few hours after I had her. I didn't even break a sweat during the labor.

For about a week after birth I said 'I WOULD NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!' - even though it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The experience (pushing/blood loss - my contractions weren't painful) was still very fresh in my memory. Now 7 weeks on, I'd definitely do it again. I miss being pregnant and have almost forgotten the pain of labour.

I hated being pregnant but I loved labour. It was brilliant. I will definately only be having gas and air again next time (if there is a next time). So I must have forgotten the pain. I remember it hurt, but not to what extent. Everyone is different I guess.

I don't remember the pain at all, I'd love to do it all over again lol :p

I have forgotten the pain for sure..

But I didn't think my labour was to bad at all.. Everything in my mind goes a bit fuzzy from when I had the gas and air, it's like it was a dream or something.. lol

I've forgotten the pain of labor, though I haven't forgotten the pelvic pain and insane lower back pain I use to have, and I really don't miss it!

I haven't forgotten. Before Aaron was born I wanted to have lots of children. Now I'm not sure if I'll ever have any more, although my husband really wants to. I feel like such a coward, but the pain of labour, the recovery and breastfeeding was horrible. I love Aaron to bits and of course he was well worth it... but I really don't want to do it again.

I wish I could forget! :cry:

I haven't forgotten. Before Aaron was born I wanted to have lots of children. Now I'm not sure if I'll ever have any more, although my husband really wants to. I feel like such a coward, but the pain of labour, the recovery and breastfeeding was horrible. I love Aaron to bits and of course he was well worth it... but I really don't want to do it again.

I wish I could forget! :cry:

aw you never know in a few years time you might want another one, i thought labour was so painfull i do want another maybe even another after that but im so scared for next time xx

oh i used to live in north devon - ilfracombe xx

Tbh, It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. I was surprised how much control I had over my contractions, and barely made a sound except for a gentle humming through each contraction (part of my way of controlling the pain - that, and rocking in circles on my palms).

The midwife invited me to come back next year, and was surprised to hear me talking about 'the next one' before I left the hospital - She said I obviously didn't get it as bad as most women do, as a lot of women leave the hospital swearing off of future kids for life! :rofl:

But to answer your question, any pain I did have, was forgotten as soon as soon as I gave birth - before I even held her - I was overwhelmed with joy, filled with such euphoria, that all I could think about was how happy and proud I was, and the pain was all long forgotten.

Tbh, It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. I was surprised how much control I had over my contractions, and barely made a sound except for a gentle humming through each contraction (part of my way of controlling the pain - that, and rocking in circles on my palms).

The midwife invited me to come back next year, and was surprised to hear me talking about 'the next one' before I left the hospital - She said I obviously didn't get it as bad as most women do, as a lot of women leave the hospital swearing off of future kids for life! :rofl:

But to answer your question, any pain I did have, was forgotten as soon as soon as I gave birth - before I even held her - I was overwhelmed with joy, filled with such euphoria, that all I could think about was how happy and proud I was, and the pain was all long forgotten.

You are very lucky. I don't think that happens to most women.

Yep, I suppose I'll forget eventually!

We're in Barnstaple. :hi:

lol that was my weekly shopping place i done a beauty course in barnstaple too at north devon college but when i finished the course i moved to wolverhampton with my partner when i was 17 been here 4 years now and i do prefer it but miss woolacombe beach! xxx

Not sure whether I am worried or not now :rofl:

I was told by a nurse that a woman's brain actually shrinks during child birth or the last moments during child birth so that they don't remember how painful it was and that we obviously do it again so the human race can continue procreating!

The contractions were really painful, but I didn't want to make any noise because there was a lady in the bed next to me and I though she would this I was an idiot. When it came to pushing, Im suprised some of you ladies in the US didn't hear me. But it wasnt painful, just really uncomfortable!

xxx

I made a LOT of noise!

My dr. told me that the shaking after you have the baby has an amnesic effect to make you forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->