So Rosie is ....

Dizzy321

very proud mammy to 3!
Reaction score
5 months old tomorrow & I thought I'd try her on some baby rice, but she wont let the spoon in her mouth at all, I put a little rice on her toungue & she pulled a face and was borking & spat it out lol, so obviously she is not ready right? should I keep trying her with it everyday or leave it a while? I am not worried or anything because I know there is no rush at all but some silly people keep saying to me 'oh she will be on solids now isn't she' I am like not yet she is only 5 months!i know what i am doing. she is quite satisfied on her milk & weighs about 17lbs so I know she is doing just fine, just some people want to rush you so much :dohh:

Leave it a few days and try again hun. If she still doesn't like it, leave it a few weeks. Remember, it's a different experience, so it may freak her out a bit!
Have you tried giving her sticks of food to play with? This may be a better indicator as to when she is ready for solids if she is turning her nose up at spoons.

Definitely sounds like she's not ready. Her tummy probably won't be ready for another month yet. Wait a few weeks if she's thriving on milk alone hun, there's no rush :)

I dont think shes ready then Izzy took to it straight away....like you say theres no rush if shes content on milk:)

i agree, def no rush hon. i would leave it a couple of weeks and then try. maddi didn't start eating till 6.5months, she was fine on milk x

Danni how many meals is Izzy on a day now? and what does she have? just curious :D x

Thanks Carly, I am not really worried no rush & I know she is doing fine on her milk for now. Jack took to it straight away so abviously she's just not quite ready x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->