So sad - will need to put back ttc a while again -long sorry

wannabubba#4

Maybe 1More! DD+3DS <3
Reaction score
Hi all

I am so sad and can't stop crying:cry:

I have wanted ttc for the past year, and eventually have my DH 100% on board. So much so, that last month he says we should start trying earlier,like even in October, rather than waiting til next year.

I was so excited when he said this, and we both couldn't wait to get started -only waiting now cos my sis had a preemie at 31 weeks and we wanted to wait until he was out of danger and safely home before getting pg ourselves.

The problem is, I started a new job 2 months ago, and it's really horrible.:growlmad: The senior staff are mean to me, wont help when I ask, and are just plain horrible. They make snide, sarcastic comments all the time, roll their eyes at me and have even been overheard talking and bitching about me. It's making me so sad -I have spent many hours of this week (before, after and even during working hours) either in tears or close to it. My eyes are red and sore, I am not sleeping well and I know I need to get out of there before I am so demoralised and undervalued that I wont have the confidence to get another job.
BUT... I won't be able to ttc whilst looking for a new job, then there's my enhanced disclosure check (I am a nurse), occupational health checks, 4 weeks notice and then I'll need to be in the job a few months before I drop the bombshell that I'll be needing mat leave, so it could be ages and ages away now :cry::cry:

My new nephew is coming on great too (which is fab news -he's breathing on his own now, no oxygen and he may be getting out of intensive care into SCBU after the weekend) and we could have been seriously trying for a new baby ourselves next month if everything else wasn't so shit.

Sorry to ramble on and on, I am just so sad - crying again now :cry:. Life is really unfair sometimes. And to cap it all off, I need to go back to that horrible place on Monday.

x

Hi, I am really sorry about your troubles. Please try and think positive though because these people are not worth it. They are probably jealous of you. The best way of dealing with bullies is to not let them get to you. I know it's hard, but write down all the positives in your life and all the steps you can take to make this job OK until you are able to move. I would try not to let it stopping you ttc because that is something you really want. Try and have a nice weekend and find something nice to do. Good luck. xx

:hug:
The senior staff really must have empty lives if they get a kick out of making someone else feel bad. Would you be able to fill an internal post? I was in a rubbish position about 18 months ago to the point where I had interviews elsewhere, luckily I got moved internally (in a primary school) and it has been so much better! Or can you go to anyone within your workplace who deals with situations like yours?

Definately make a list of all the things that make you smile. And of course your nephew being such a fighter will be somewhere near the top!

Best wishes x

Aww that's awful, you poor thing having such a difficult time at work. I really hope that you manage to find something soon where you will be much happier. It's really really hard having to delay TTC, but hopefully it won't have to be for too long :hugs: x

Thanks girls - Just getting those lovely comments has cheered me up a bit, so thanks very much.

DH has said I should just tell them where to shove the job lol - which isn't practical -bills to pay etc, but nice to know he is totally supporting me in it all.

thanks again to you all :hugs:

:hugs: Sorry things are rough for you dear. Hang in there! All of these things will only make you stronger in the end.

hey darling,

How are you doing? I think your senior management really need a reality check... They were in your position once, and it really isnt setting a good example to their subordinates. I think as well, that if they can get a power trip over making someone feel so inadequate then they really need a slap in the face to bring them into the real world.

Is there a liason member you could speak to? I'm like you, I wouldnt want to be stuck in a job where I feel chlosterophobic, criticised and useless, and in reality I doubt anyone would want to either. What I would do however, is write a formal letter straight to the senior level, indicating everything they have done to you. They shouldn't have the title as seniors or management when they're acting like children.

As for TTC, I can sympathise completely. Im in my finanl year of uni, I wanted to try right away, but thats not possible as I need to get a job and some Mat pay and I really want to be married as well. Life can be so unfair at times, but everything happens for a reason chick... I wish you all the luck with finding a new job, and until them, keep your head up high.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->