so scared for my baby

Ilovehim89

Reaction score
my 19 month old son, James, has had chronic ear infections...hes had 5 in the last MONTH! The doctor thinks he needs tubes so tomorrow he is getting tubes in his ears and im so scared for him :cry: DH isnt going and SIL will be watching my DD. I just am so scared. Has anyone had their DS or DD go thru getting tubes? What can i expect?

Hi, sorry I don't have any experience with tubes other than my sisters little boyhad them put in and they cleared up his ear infections completely. They help drain the build up of fluid. Both my dons areprone to ear infections( my 1 year old in on a course of antibiotics now). Your little one will be fine, big hugs to youxxxx

thanks for your response. I know in my heart he will be fine and it will make him better...but i know he isnt going to like it and hes going to probably scream....:( and i hate seeing him uncomfy

My nephew had his put in last Friday. Everything went great. He was out by 10am. He took a long nap until about 3. Then he was running around like he has never run before. He was jumping and running in circles. His ears were so bad that it was affecting his balance and hearing. Already in the few days, there is major improvement.

Good luck. Hopefully everything goes well.

I had tubes in my ears when I was young and it was totally painless! I had them in a second time (along with adenoid removal) and it was totally fine then too. I'm sure your son will be fine and will feel so much better after!! xx

Edit: The second time I remember really well - and I remember not being on antibiotics for the first time in months!! xxx

thank you ladies! i will let ya know how he did. I feel a little better about it now

I had tubes. Its nothing to worry about and best to get it done now! I didnt get mine till I was 7 after years of chronic ear infections and by that point I was in my own little world as I could hardly hear :(

me and my husband had them when we were 3 yrs old he had some hearing loss from the infections I think either way Ive talked to the dr about it because of both of us having them and he said it was a quick in and out very low risk procedure but it is best to do it early even from getting them at 3 my husband had to have help with his speech and he didnt learn to talk much until he was abit older good luck with it I know how it is Zander had to have his tear duct probed when he was 10 months old and they had to put him to sleep it took only just about 5 minutes but it was still scary :nope:

hope he gets on ok, my wee girl has had 3 ear infections thankfully non for nearly a year now but was told something along those lines may need to be done if she developed a further one xxx

he didnt get them yesterday like i thought...When the dr referred me I thought they were going to put them in the day i went in but it was just an evaluation.....He gets them in for sure on the 31st

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->