So scared! Stomach ache and brown spotting..

B

became

I'm absolutely terrified I'm going to lose this baby, I feel like it's all too good to be true.. Earlier, I noticed a fair bit of brown discharge when I wiped, since then I've had it every time I've been to the loo.. It has eased off but now I have a dull ache in my stomach, and back ache :( do I go to the doctor, or is this something I shouldn't worry about? X

Hey Hun. My Mw told me all bleeding should be investigated. I have had many bleeds in this pregnancy some as heavy as a period and bright red. And every time my mw has wanted to do blood work and a scan. Hope all is ok. Maybe pop to a&e or if you have a epau that's open on a weekend maybe go there. Hope all is ok x

don't panic hun, as long as the discharge is brown it's no worries because brown discharge is old blood. I've seen many women here who said had brown discharge and their pregnancies went on well. Usually pregnant women are concerned when the discharge is red.
if I were you, I'd call your doctor and he might put you on progesterone. My doctor put me on progesterone all first trimester when I was pregnant with ds although I didn't bleed at all, but this is the clinic's policy; all pregnant women should be on progesterone through out the first trimester because it strengthens pregnancy and it doesn't harm. And now (second pregnancy) I'm on progesterone as well though no blooding. I called the clinic when I got my bfp and they asked me to start progesterone and folic acid at once.
hope everything turns well for you.

Thanks both. Gonna ring docs on Monday, unless it gets worse before then! X

Hope all turns out ok! Brown spotting is usually nothing to worry about as long as it goes away and doesn't get heavy. Good luck!

Hi hun I had a week of back cramps and then some pink spotting for a week. Scan at 6+5 revealed no cause so I was advised it was implantation, which seems most likely by what u ate describing. However I would always make sure to book In with epu to but your mind at rest xx

Could be implantation. Realistically at 4 weeks a scan wont show much, just take it easy and rest x

I have had a miscarriage before when I just had brown spotting and mild cramps, so it's always best to get it checked out. I've also had the same and gone on to have a healthy baby. Your GP or midwife would most likely want you to get it checked out. Hope all works out well for you, fingers crossed x

I agree snowbelle, i dont agree that brown blood is good and red is bad x

Update: I went to the hospital last night, they said I should prepare myself for the worst as it could be the start of a miscarriage.. Although, it might just be baby getting comfy. I'm terrified, hate not knowing. It has eased right off now, barely getting any blood and I haven't had any clots, but I am just thinking the worse. Did a test a few minutes ago, and the line was very dark.. Good sign, I guess? 😕 xx

Sounds like implantation. I bled at 5 werks and 10 weeks with this pregnancy and im still bleeding now at 12.5 weeks! Baby is fine though. Try and relax and remember whatever happens its out if your hands. Hugs x

Thank you. I really am trying not to stress! I don't seem to have lost any symptoms, and the bleeding has pretty much stopped. The doctor did say it could be the fact I have a urine infection that's causing irritation, but I'm taking the antibiotics for that now so we shall see.. I'm so tempted to book myself a private scan for in a few weeks time, I don't think I can hold out until 12 weeks :( OH is worried sick too! X

I know its hard not to worry but if I was you I'd try to relax your so early I would think it would be implantation vs losing the baby. Cramps are totally normal there's a lot going on right now! I've had bleeding in all my pregnancies. But everyone's different! Unless you a bunch of blood and unbearable cramps I wouldn't worry! And just so you know the ER always tells you to expect the worst they have to due to liability. Take it easy and try to enjoy yourself!

I know its hard not to worry but if I was you I'd try to relax your so early I would think it would be implantation vs losing the baby. Cramps are totally normal there's a lot going on right now! I've had bleeding in all my pregnancies. But everyone's different! Unless you a bunch of blood and unbearable cramps I wouldn't worry! And just so you know the ER always tells you to expect the worst they have to due to liability. Take it easy and try to enjoy yourself!

Thank you hun, this puts my mind at ease a little more. :) I guess I'm just really panicking because I never had any bleeding in my previous pregnancy! It's all very new to me.. X

Thank you. I really am trying not to stress! I don't seem to have lost any symptoms, and the bleeding has pretty much stopped. The doctor did say it could be the fact I have a urine infection that's causing irritation, but I'm taking the antibiotics for that now so we shall see.. I'm so tempted to book myself a private scan for in a few weeks time, I don't think I can hold out until 12 weeks :( OH is worried sick too! X

your test looks great hun. bleeding doesn't always mean miscarriage. my best friend bled in all her three pregnancies and her babies were just fine. so did you get a scan at the hospital there? how did they diagnose it might be early miscarriage? did they draw a blood sample for beta? have them get your hcg levels measured to have some rest of mind and try your best to calm down as anxiety and stressing out are not good for you and your baby hun.

they didn't do anything, he just told me that that's what the spotting could be the start of! I'm ringing my GP first thing, hopefully they'll get me in for an early scan, or at least take some bloods. I'm feeling a lot less stressed now, since it has eased off. :) just trying to relax, as I know stress isn't good for the baby. OH is poorly though, with a sickness bug! so I'm having to do everything at the mo.. praying I don't catch it :( :haha: X

same boat. now just watching beta numbers - keep us updated

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->