So scared- STRINGY brown spotting *Graphic pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elle_A

Reaction score
* WARNING: Graphic pics included *

Over the past year my spotting (the day before and day after AF) and the first day of AF is brown blood (which I know is normal) and stingy bits or bits/pieces of brown that look like strands of thread or hair weaved together. I have no idea how else to describe it so I had to take pictures. When I say "stringy" I don't mean "stretchy". These "strings" seem brittle. THESE ARE NOT CLOTS. I've had clots for the last 10 years and know what they are. These stringy bits aren't clots and I have no idea what it is and it's scary. I can't find anything when I google it and never heard anyone mention it on forums. When I google "endometrial tissue" it looks nothing like this either.

I'm genuinely terrified and confused. Does anyone know what this could be or also has this? My doctor is not helpful at all (and I never brought this up to her) and so I had her refer me to an ob/gyn (to help me with my ttc journey) which I'm so excited for. This ob/gyn did my laparoscopy 4 years ago and she's amazing. I'll be bringing this up for sure but in the meantime, I'll still be ttc and still scared that this is something horrible. I have endometriosis (that's been "cleaned up" with surgery), a fibroid that was removed in that same surgery, and polyps around my cervix (inside) that my surgeon told me she noticed. My cycles are regular and my charts look great. The only thing that's off is my 10 day LP and this stringy/thread-like weird spotting! What's coming out of me? :cry:

WARNING: Graphic pics:
pAIoBGM.jpg

8FGFaF4.jpg

Hate to bring it up but could it potentially be a parasite. Like a worm of some kind? Im no pro but perhaps a different area to look in. Best of luck

Hate to bring it up but could it potentially be a parasite. Like a worm of some kind? Im no pro but perhaps a different area to look in. Best of luck
I googled that too! And didn't look like this. These "stringy bits" are thinner than a strand of hair and break apart easily. If that's what it was I don't think I could ever sleep again!

Is it possible it's something like a teratoma/dermoid cyst? I have been trying to research for the past hour or so, but there isn't much of anything. A teratoma could have hair, and maybe as your lining starts to shed, part of it does? An uneducated guess, but I will be continuing my search.

EDIT: I'm also looking into the possibility of parasites. I know it's definitely something I don't even want to mention either, since I don't want to freak you out. I just really wish there was more info on it so we can get this resolved!

I'll add it to my google search too and see what I can find. I had my laparoscopy/hysteroscopy in 2014 where she looked all around and cleaned up a fibroid and endometriosis and after that I changed my diet to eliminate estrogenic foods and reduce inflammation to stop the growth of any more fibroids and to slow down the endometriosis. So it's just hard to believe anything new would grow between then and now, like a cyst. But maybe! And everything I google regarding parasites look nothing like this. I'm anxiously awaiting my appointment with this surgeon/ob/gyn again to see what she says. The only other thing I can think of is endometrial tissue that grows on polyps might look like this. I have no idea. Thank you for your suggestions though!

Yeah it was super hard trying to find anything. I thought about the polyps too, but nothing really had this texture so that’s why I mentioned the cyst. I’m no doctor so I have no clue, but I really hope you get this figured out!

I think that looks a bit like the string from a tampon? Could you have accidentally left one up there that’s disintegrated? I would 100% be taking them to a doctor! Hope you’re okay.

I think that looks a bit like the string from a tampon? Could you have accidentally left one up there that’s disintegrated? I would 100% be taking them to a doctor! Hope you’re okay.

Haven't used tampons in about a year so I don't think it'd be that either. :( thanks for the suggestion and we'll wishes!

I really have no idea, so please keep us updated once you visit your gyn and good luck!

Hi wow,that looks like a foreign body,you might want to see if you can get it under a microscope,or even a magnifying glass,to try to get a better/closer look. Hope this helps,and hope your obgyn can determine exactly what is,maybe tell them you want it sent away to be tested,as you need to get to the bottom of it,for your own peace of mind and for your sanity.

Oh my gosh. I just signed up for an account on this forum to tell you the same thing happens to me. Ever since I came of hormonal birth control. I start spotting two or three days before my period then this tissue comes out. I just took a bath and took a picture so I can show my doctor. Everyone keeps saying ‘spotting is normal’ and I keep getting frustrated because this seems abnormal. It’s as if my lining is coming out before my period starts. It’s stringy but also like tissue paper.
Have you had any luck discovering the source for this?

Hello
did anybody find out what this is? i get it too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78