So sick of being skint...

christina1612

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just need some advice and a little rant!
In a sahm and my oh works full time, we get benefits but we are always skint!

My friend has just announced a trip to Majorca and I'm secretly jealous that we could never afford that! Has anyone got any tips to help us save money, or things I can do at home to earn some more pennies?

I'm in the same position as you. Sucks doesn't it? Our friends who don't work and have children always seem to be having holidays and going on nights out. Me and OH haven't been on a night out for 18 months and haven't been on holiday for 2 years. We cut back as much as we can and are still skint lol! Have you tried shopping at aldi? That saves us a lot compared to asda. There isn't anything else we can cut back on really.

We're in the same situation so we've decided I will find a 20 hour job and he will drop to 20 hours (which means we will be barely taxed), and we'll still get tax credits. We'll end up a couple hundred better off.

Money Saving Expert forums have excellent advice on all aspects of your finances. You can have people take a look at your current budget/spending plan and tell you where you could be making savings. They also have other fun stuff like current discounts in stores and recipes for eating cheaply. You might not think you can spend any less than you do now but you would be surprised! Definitely worth a look :)

Im the same! We get £80 per month each to spend on what we want but I always feel like mine goes on peoples bday pressies or things for the house, its my own fault probably as I kinda enjoy buying these things but then im left with very little for myself.
We go to council run baby classes but I seen 2 I really want to go to but there £60 each for 10 weeks but I no its just too expensive :(:( I also really want to get a baby photoshoot but its £65 for an hour plus id then have to buy pics.
Not to mention xmas and 4 bdays in dec.
We do manage to have nights out though I just went to the theatre tonight and the ticket and drinks cost £40 just means i wont have much left for the rest of the month.
I take the money out the bank in cash and we know once its gone its gone. It gets a teeny bit depressing though always on such a tight budget im still quite young and my friends are going on girls holidays and out every weekend and im having to budget to buy a cheapo bottle of wine!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->