So sick of everyone telling me how awful having 2 under 2 is

DLA

1st Time Mom & lovin it!
Reaction score
Seriously is pissing me off. The snarky comments and little laughs. "you have no idea", "you haven't seen anything yet".

Yeah I get it. It will be exhausting. Ughhh. Just a rant.

Most people who actually have a small age gap agree going from 1-2 was easier then 0-1.

I'm right there with you. My two youngest will be 14 months apart and all I here is "Good luck to you" "you're gonna be one busy lady" "Oh boy will you have your hands full".

Its really annoying. I know it will be challenging, I dont need some dumbass to tell me.

i agree with kala. my friends who have 2 under 2 say once your in a routine its not bad. at one point with my DD, and babysitter my niece and nephew there were 3 under two most the time at my house and i loved it. obviously i got to give them back at night times lol but day times were enjoyable. xx

Then I must be nuts/crazy/insane. As soon as this little one is born about two months after we are going to start trying for our second. We would like them together in age, but the other worry is it took 9 months this last time to get preggy.

So far only one of my close/best friends has said anything. She says that we're 'doing it wrong'. Kids should be 3 or so years apart. Well that's your choice and what you did. That is not OUR choice unless it just happens due to us not getting preggy again. But our life( DH and mine) and MY kids. Got a problem with it? Then don't talk to me. Simple.

Urgh. That sucks. Why don't people just shut up and mind their own business.

There's 2 years and 3 months between my sister and I and my mum still maintains that she should have had us closer together.

Just because other people can't cope doesn't mean you won't! You'll be fab! x

Most people who actually have a small age gap agree going from 1-2 was easier then 0-1.

I seriously hope this will be true for me. Honestly, I am so worried about handling everything. I had a very hard time adapting to the lack of sleep, recovery pain and just the instant overwhelming responsibility that came with my first. I tried to be as prepared as possible but I really dont' think anything can really prepare for the huge switch when you become a mother.

When I think of how hard those first few weeks were, I get extremely panicky thinking it's going to be 2X worse... I really hope I'm wrong.

Honestly, the only thing I am really nervous about is my initial recovery time after my Section. My mother is coming to help out, but my DD is so used to me picking her up and holding her in my lap, etc., it is going to be hard telling her Mama cannot do those things for a little while, because I know she is too little to really understand.

Other than that, I think things will be a challenge, but not overly so. There will be 20 months between my girls, I am looking foward to watching them grow up together and I hope they form a great bond! :flower:

I think it will be easier than a 3 year age gap. 18 month ok'd babies are so much fun. At least with mine they were more willing to share than a 3 year old, threw less tantrums, still take regular naps, have less independence, etc. my girls are 2.5 years apart and we tried for closer age gaps but I lost a baby in between

There are 17 months between my first 2 and everything was fine, yes difficult at times, but then all kids can be.

I'm a lot more nervous and unprepared this time with the bigger gap :)
You will all be fine?

Ignore them, some people have nothing better to do that try and scare others. There will be 18 months between this one and my little girl and there is a 29 month gap between my boys. I found it much harder with my little girl coming along when the boys were 4 and 6!! I was out of a routine by then and it took more than her just 'slotting in', with close gaps the new baby has no choice but to slot in with how things already are to an extent, plus you're not completely out of practice. You'll be fab :) x

everyone I know that has children with very small age gaps say that the rewards from how close they are far outweigh the stressful days... it is totally your choice! x

I agree with Kristybum. Most of the people who tell me how awful it will be don't even HAVE two under two! The ones that actually do, always say that, yes, it's hard at first, but they wouldn't change it for the world, especially once the kids are old enough to interact/play together. :flower:

I am with you!

I had 2 under 2 and will now have 3 under 3 and I am totally and utterly fed up on the continual negative comments :(

I can tell you, hand on heart, 2 under 2 is pretty easy for the first few weeks while baby sleeps a lot, it is then hard work for the next 4/5 months but once you find a routine that works for you it is a lot more manageable, then once baby can sit unaided it gets a lot easier again as they can play/interact more, my first 2 are 15.5 months apart, and lest face it, can't have been all that hell since I am having my 3rd in less than 3 years.

Just ignore them :)

My girls are 25 mo appart and best friends the hard part was getting them down stairs and in the car alone lol there will be a 27 mo gap between my youngest and little man

I'm sick of this too! DD will be 18 months old when LO is born and all I hear from colleagues at work is "oh you must be crazy"! I had someone tell me that having two under two was "hell" for her and someone else said to me "my two were 16 months apart, I wouldn't recommend it" ... Bit late now love, but thanks! God people are annoying!!

I also hate how people assume that because I'm having a small age gap, that it must have been an accident. Nope, we planned it this way!

I also hate how people assume that because I'm having a small age gap, that it must have been an accident. Nope, we planned it this way!

This! My OB is always talking about birth control after the baby is born, with obvious "hint, hint" undertones, like we must have had a birth control failure to cause this pregnancy! :growlmad:

Don't listen. It's the best. My babies are 4 3 1 abd new one due in couple of weeks. Between eldest 3 there's 17 months each and youngest is 20 months. At times it's hard but so is one baby. The down side is when I've starts nursery it's like domino illness in my house. But soon they will all be super immune. My eldest two are best friends inseparable and the little one is starting to be one of the gang although the oldest does mother him.

They live it and each other. I have to be organised and have rules. Wouldn't change it for the world. Can you imagine the comments I get. People think I don't work and do it for benefits. I work (teacher) hubby has amazing job mown my house and get 0 benefits. I don't listen any more. I love my family and you will yours. You'll be so surprised how easily number two will fit in.

Please don't listen! My two are 12 months and 10 days apart and I promise you I found it absolutely fine, it has been a joy. They always have someone to play with, they are so so close the bond they have is incredible. Even at this age (approaching) 13 and 14 they are really close and do a lot of stuff together they go off to the school bus together in the mornings and really look out for one another all the time. It's lovely, I'm far more nervous about a massive age gap than I ever was when I did the baby thing first time round. Don't worry, it will be so much fun, promise! :)

So happy to read these posts. Me & hubby plan to try for our 2nd 2/3 months after we have had this baby! Depending on my health etc ... We really want our kids close together.

Also we know we want more than 1 child and due to my age and other issues don't want to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->