So some of you might remember I got a referral from my doctor for suspected ADHD....

cabaretmum2b

Scarlett's Mummy!
Reaction score
Well, apprently the mental health place want me to make another appointment at my doctors. I assumed I'd be going somewhere else for assessment, not my GP? Which makes me think maybe they're going to try to pass it off as something else? Does anyone have any experience of anything similar? My appointment's not until next Thursday, so I'm kind of hanging about until then!

I'm not to sure but I'm going through the. Same thing with my son he is getting tested for adha and other things

I hope u get to the bottom off it

I'm not sure exactly the diagnostic process for ADHD but I am sure there will be lots of people you will have to see to get a diagnosis, I hear from other mums it is a bit of a drawn out process. I know for me it took a long time to finally get a diagnosis for Evan of CP, even though we knew what it was. Somewhere along the way there will be an educational psychologist as I spoke to Evan's about ADHD and she said she has to do a lot of reports for ADHD. Sorry I am not a great help :flower:

Thanks you two - I guess because it's mainly children who are diagnosed I just worry tthat they won't take me seriously IYKWIM.

Hope they dontake you seriously, just keep on at the sweetie xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->