so stressed at the moment with my 16 yr old

violet 73

mum to 4, 3 boys & 1 girl
Reaction score
my son will be 17 in february i found out he smokes a few months ago then he starting taking things out the house ipods nintendo ds etc to sell to buy tabacco was at the end of my teather so me & hubby had a talk & thought well if he gonna smoke he will so we said to try & stop him taking things out the house we would buy him a small pack of tabacco a week but we don,t want him smoking in front of us or in the house but there is so many people with different opionions just didn,t know what else to do we thought it was worth a try

violet

When I was 13 my mum found out I was smoking and in the end she told me I could smoke but not in secret and only on front of her. I was to embarrassed so I stopped! I did start again a few years later as it was "cool" and everyone else did it! I smoked for 13'years and only stopped when I realised what I could lose if I carried on, that and I smelt like an ashtray! It's not cool anymore more the reverse, maybe see if embarassment stops him, if not buy him some mouthwash and febreeze and remind him girls don't like a smoker!

thanks i smoked myself when i was younger i gave up myself about 12 yrs later trying to tell kids what to do just goes in one ear & out the other ive been a kid myself i think if he wants to give up he will relise himself but if he still piniches stuff i will stop buying it him & i told him that

No. I think you need to make things very clear that he is not to sell your things. Punish him foe his actions don't reward him with tobacco.

He's old enough to get a job and pay for his own tobacco if that's what he wants to spend his money on. All you can do is teach him that smoking is hideous for lots of reasons and that stealing is wrong and punish accordingly. I agree don't reward the behaviour by buying him what he wanted.

Wait. Not trying to offend but just to understand, you caught your 16 year old stealing and you reward him with the dangerous substance he was stealing for in the first place?

I agree with the other PP's who have pointed out that is is not a good precedent to reward him for stealing by providing him with tobacco. Stealing is serious and needs to be nipped in the bud. I'd make him get a job and pay you back for anything he's sold, then buy his own tobacco if he's determined to smoke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->