SO stressed out...

theamanda

NTNP
Reaction score
I feel like I'm never going to find a name for my LO.. I'm 32 weeks, and have been looking this WHOLE damn time, and anything I find, DH doesn't like, and anything he finds, which has only been 3 names, he decides he doesn't like and says nevermind... I feel like we will never find a name for my baby boy, and it not only stresses me out, but it breaks my heart... :( People keep assuring me that we will find one, it'll "jump out at you" etc.. And that just seems so unrealistic... :( And even more people keep asking me "do u have a name picked out yet?" Or "what's his name?" And that just stresses me out more.... I just wanna crawl into a hole and hide... :( I'm getting where I don't even want to look anymore but that is gonna just make it worse. My baby shower is on the 29th this month, and I was really hoping to have a name by then.. To make things worse, I just know that everyone is going to ask what his name is... :cry:

Awe you poor thing. Don't stress. Write a few down that you like, keep the list going.... But don't make it too big.... When he comes out and you look at him, then decide. Until then, all who ask, say you're undecided. You have to see your precious LO first... Good luck honey. All will be ok

:hugs: Names are so hard. it took me a while to be satisfied on ours and even now im not sure if its good enough. I know you probably dont want to look anymore, but we sound pretty similar, so i'll suggest to you the best site i have found (ive been on A LOT of them bc i want something uncommon but not nutty). behindthename.com is my favorite. i know you are probably sick of looking but if you havnt been over there yet i totally recommend it.
Hope you can find something. Or at least maybe narrow it down to a few names.
My mom had 5 kids and she said sometimes she never found a name she loved during pregnancy but once the baby arrived it just clicked and she figured it out. ..i think my little sister didn't have a name until she was 10 days old.
But im much like you think that isn't realistic in the least, but if it does happen maybe it will just work out for you.

I love the site Nymbler.com

You can plug in names you like and it will generate names similar in style! It's so fun!

I finally found dd name a month ago... I was frustrated too but when I heard the name I knew it was hers....youll find one soon girlie!:)

This doesn't help you out, but maybe you'll feel better knowing you're not the only one! I'm over 38 wks team yellow, and we have a set boys name ( the one we love from our first pregnancy when baby was a girl) but no set girls name. I'm super picky because I like uncommon names ( see daughters name below) and my husband likes super popular ones, like Emma and Sophia and the other top ten most common names. So we are at opposite ends of the spectrum. At least you have more time than me.
I would say, as frustrating as it is, don't let it upset you and keep you from looking still. You cant give up, then you'll never come to one. So keep plugging along and don't beat yourself up. Remember you're not alone!

Thanks ladies. It is nice to see that I'm not alone.. :hugs: I actually did have one name call out to me about a month ago, and my heart fluttered when I heard it. But was mortified when DH said he absolutely despised the name (reminded him of someone he hates with the same name).. Sooo discouraging lol... I guess whether I like it or not, finding a name has to be done... So I gotta grow up, and suck it up, and keep looking! :/ I just wish I had a huge sign on my head for everyone to see that said "stop asking if I found a name yet!" :haha:

Well if he is really being that impossible I would just decide on a name myself after the birth as bubs is going to need one. Just tell people in the meantime that you are still considering options or wish to keep it private, it's nobody else's business anyway and it's really annoying when people give their 2 cents worth when you divulge the name before birth. I wish we kept ours a secret as it would have been nice to announce it after the birth but never mind, I'm hopeless at keeping my own secrets!

Don't stress over it, there's plenty of other things in life that can go wrong & this isn't worth it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->