• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So stuck!

Aimeewaymee

My 2 Precious Princesses
Reaction score
Could someone fire me some really unusual baby boy names please? Everything i have been saying my OH turns his nose up at and everything he says i'm turning my nose up at :haha: We just do not seem to be getting anywhere. We are most probably having Jordan (after my passed brother) and Ronnie (his Bampy) Thomas is baby's last name. We don't like traditional names.. The only one we really like is Freddie but that is still unsure of.

My OH likes Orion but doesn't want the baby to end up being called Rion (Ryan).

At this rate baby will be here and will be nameless and we will end up calling him Baby. :haha:

Please help my little brain! x

I struggle more to think of boys names than girls but i'll give it a go...

-Atlas
-Xander-
-Bhodi
-Rocco
-Roman
-Romeo
-Calvin
-Jonah
-Jared
-Zak
-Aithen

That's about as much as I can think of. :dohh:

If your OH likes Orion but not the possible nickname and your looking for something non traditional how about Orrin/Orin.

Apollo, Callan, Javier (Spanish so the J is an H sound).

Also from a site:
Abner
Aero
Arkin
Arlen
Basil
Brando
Cedar
Cosmo
Coyote
Crispin
Daxten
Ebenezer
Fritz
Hansel
Harlen
Hawk
Heston
Hogan
Hyatt
Iggy
Igor
Ike
Indigo
Kruze
Lion
Loyal
Lysander
Marlo
Mars
Marvel
Nestor
Oak
Oz
Pax
Perseus
Psalm
Raj
Ramses
Renly
Riggins
Rocket
Roscoe
Saint
Sparsh
Tavish
Tiger
Tru
Zee
Ziggy
Zyron

Farron
Rowan
Leo
Kade
Addison
Ewan
Jenson
Fox
Abel
Hudson
Elvin
Kasper
Owen
Logan
Milo
Harley
Myles
Bram
Leon
Sawyer
Beck
Brayden
Lincoln

Ok, so we are out to dinner, we have gone through the names and the only one OH likes is Kruze. That narrows us down to 3.

BRODIE
ORION
KRUZE
��
X

When the kids are older they almost always get nicknamed and or shortened but usually the person likes the 'known by' name however when they are younger I wouldn't worry about it - Just make it clear its a NO if someone does (Rion) ... I have to do this with my 2.

People try and called Caitlin - Cait (Kate) and I speak up about it every time and my Megan she gets 'Meg' and they fet told too, once I had to tell a teacher not to call her Meg and now if anyone calls her Meg she will have them told it's Megan! :lol:

People try and called Caitlin - Cait (Kate) and I speak up about it every time and my Megan she gets 'Meg' and they fet told too, once I had to tell a teacher not to call her Meg and now if anyone calls her Meg she will have them told it's Megan! :lol:

That's just bloody typical - and in my mind, disrespectful. I get where you are coming from that's for sure. DS1 is Christopher and DS3 is Alexander so when their names get shortened to Chris and Alex, it drives me insane!! If I was going to shorten their Christian names I wouldn't have put their full first name on their birth certificates. Some people. :dohh: I've also been asked why I didn't spell Christopher as Kristofer (for something different) and as far as I'm concerned, it's a VERY traditional name so should be spelt as such! Fortunately, DS2 is Brayden-Lee and there really is no shortening of that! :haha:

We get that too with the girls. People call Evie-Leigh, Evie (although sometimes i am guilty of doing this myself, more when she has been naughty, she kind of guesses i do it when she has been up to something because she says 'Mummy, why did you call me Evie'lol) and Aurora, Aura or Rora.

We've finally made the decision that our precious little boy will be called Brodie <3 :)

I can just imagine it now when he is older like 'Yo Bro' doh! Nevermind. Will have to remind people that his name is BRO-DE not Bro.

x

Orion came to my mind. Not much help but more of a random comment for The name Orion, I work with kids in informal education and the few times myself or my team has seen the name we pronounce it Or-e-on or Or-e-in. I have no idea which way it’s supposed to be pronounced but when it’s meant to be o-Ryan we get corrected lol. I don’t think everyone sees it as o-Ryan.

Great thread!

I like...

Koah
Leo
Elias
Roman
Grant
Kai
Gray
York
Adrian
Elliot