So..... the 6 month mark.

Elhaym

It's a girl :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies. As you can see, I'm back in the company of lovely AF again. :cry:

Can't help but feel despondent. I know 6 months isn't long, I know some ladies have been trying much longer, and I feel kind of selfish having a moan, but I can't shake the feeling now that there is something wrong.

I have very regular AF since the pill, get symptoms after ov etc so I am 95% sure I am ovulating (though I know you can't be certain). I know we are BDing around the right time, as my drive goes WAY up around ov, plus I have used OPKs. Granted, we don't BD every day for a week around ov or anything, but we have done it at least twice during the fertile window.

It doesn't help that I am more TTC than OH, who is just casually NTNP. Sometimes I'm convinced he's even forgotten we are doing it. :wacko: I feel like I am on my own in this sometimes.

I just can't imagine getting a BFP. I've NEVER seen one in the flesh. Never even had an evap. :haha: I didn't even cry this time when AF arrived because it wasn't even a surprise.

Why is this so bloody hard? :growlmad:

:hugs:

Maybe have a work with him and re-establish why your'e doing this in the first place! Six months feels like a lifetime but in the grand scheme of things its a snap of the fingers. Good luck and hope you get your bfp soon! :flower:

I know how you feel, I went through 8 long dragging years of that.

Maybe you guys should have a checkup at the docs? To put your mind at rest?

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down hun, I can definitely relate, as we were NTNP for a year and I would take an HPT every month hoping to see a BFP, I felt I would NEVER see one! I would definitely say go for a check up just to make sure everything is all well. When we finally decided to be officially TTC #1, I had a wellness check up with my OB, she did bloodwork and it showed my hormones were on the low side, so it was likely I wasn't even ovulating regularly, if at all. I had to take Clomid in order to conceive and the 1st month I ovulated I got pregnant with my DS :D so hang in there hun, if it helps set your mind at ease I would definitely say get checked out.

Also, if you're more on the side of TTC rather than NTNP, I might suggest trying to BD every other day for the week leading up to ovulation (it takes a man's sperm at least 24 hours to replenish so it's best every other day) and then everyday around the time you do ovulate up until 3-4 days afterward, that will maximize your chances for conception :thumbup:

:hugs:

Sorry your feeling down babe :hugs:

I went through exactly the same when I was TTC my LO. I temperature checked, used OPK and BD'ed as often as OH would let me :rofl: which was up to twice a day when Ov'ing.

It was so stressful... especially as when your younger you get told you -WILL- get pregnant if you EVER have unprotected sex.

I actually got pregnant while I was on holiday... it was the wrong time of the month (I shouldn't have been ovulating then), we had had sex standing up in the shower, I was even having the odd drink as I was so sure it couldn't possibly happen then..... and then guess what... :baby: 9 months later :thumbup:

It will happen for you but I'm a big believer that stress will work against you. I know this is easier said than done as I was a POAS addict myself. :dohh:

This time I'm definitely going to take it easy (if I can!) :winkwink:

Take care
:flower:

Thanks ladies, am feeling better now, damn that CD 1 depression :haha:

I mentioned it to my OH, that I was feeling down and worried something was wrong. He was like, 'should we go get tested then or what?' I was really surprised and pleased - I am paranoid he doesn't really care, but he was great about it :cloud9: I said not to go to doc yet, I think I will leave it till the summer so it'll be just short of a year, and if nothing by then we can go I'm worried if I go now they'll send me away as it's only 6 months, which I guess is fair enough.

I feel better knowing that if we are still struggling after a year, he's happy to go to the doctors. Will keep trying for now. :thumbup:

It was so stressful... especially as when your younger you get told you -WILL- get pregnant if you EVER have unprotected sex

OMG I KNOW! All those years of panicking if I forgot a pill and it turns out it was for nothing! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->