So Unsure...

MummyTinks

Reaction score
I am desperate for a medication free birth with little or no intervention.. only if LO is in distress etc.
Ive been told though that you have to be in amazing shape etc to be able to give birth with no pain relief, and Im really not :cry:
Im also desperate for a water birth, but I have an irregular heart beat and ive been told because of that I will have to be in the hospital, rather than the labouring suite, where they dont have pools? And ouvbiously a home birth is completely out of the question, apparently.

Any advice, similar stories etc? :thumbup:

my birth story is in my siggy :thumbup:

also, i am overweight, i have a benign heart murmer, and i had an unmedicated waterbirth...its certainly not true that you have to be in shape to give birth unmedicated! (i mean im sure it helps but its not the be all ;)) ure you should exercise and eat right, but being athletic doesn't have all too much to do with is because youre gonna have a baby either way!

I am not in good shape either, and have had mostly natural births. Learn some relaxing breathing technics, take a pregnancy class (if there is any near you), doing some yoga (get a pregnancy yoga video or take a class) is also really good and will help you focus and breath when you are in labor. Good luck.

I am not in good shape at all, but I had my first completely naturally. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it!

Thanks Ladies!! Naturally I just want whats best for LO and i feel that would be a natural labour with little or no intervention. Just being my first im anxious because I really have no idea what to expect with regards to pain etc.. Im not a complete wuss with pain etc but I just get negative comments, especially from MY OWN family members about not being healthy enough etc, usually only women who work out, diet and live healthily who manage a natural birth, glad to hear its not only gym bunnies who have acheived a natural birth on here!!

Heck, I am very out of shape and I birthed my second farly naturally, very few interventions.

I really can't speak about the heart issue because i don't know much about that. But I DO know that this is entirely YOUR CHOICE.

Your HCPs can ADVISE you that it would be better to be in hosp for x, y or z reason. Ultimately, the decision is yours.

Even if you do decide to birth in hospital because of your circumstances, you can still have an awesome experience! Good support is key (wherever you are!) Who will be with you? Will you have a doula?

Good luck. I hope it goes wonderfully for you :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->