So Upset- Returned to Work baby nursing differently

newlywedtzh

A Mom At Last!
Reaction score
I did everything right to avoid nipple confusion. I do not use pacifiers (she never took one anyway), Bought the expensive breast like nipples, I didn't introduce a bottle until 5 weeks- which she HATED. It took weeks to get her to drink a couple ounces from the bottle , it was very stressful.. and I hated giving her a bottle but I knew I had to return to work and it was a necessary evil.

Despite doing everything right.. I have been back at work for two weeks now, and I noticed a change in her nursing after a couple of days of bottles all day long. She pulls off a lot... sometimes refuses.. doesn't really let me know when she's hungry...and just is generally not nursing as well. she HAS been sick though... and right now she's VERY congested..and has had some sort of cold for the last couples weeks... and I know it's hard for her to nurse bc I can tell when she can't breathe she gets frustrated and cries and pulls off.

I definitely have a very fast flow and I think a forceful letdown.. She has handled it well before... but now I feel like she is preferring the bottle.

Do you think it's because she's sick or bc of all the bottles during the day?

It will break my heart if our breastfeeding relationship changes. What can I do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->