So we are back in hospital!!!

wtbmummy

Reaction score
For those who havent seen any of my previous posts. Our daughter is 4weeks old.
When she was born she had shoulder distosia and we nearly ended in surgery n nearly lost her.
Then my placenta got stuck and I nearly ended up in surgery n we nearly lost me!!!

We then stayed in hospital for moniroring for 4days.

This past week maddie has had an awful cold. I mean waking every few mins snuffling for a week.
She also developed colic symptoms which was a nightmare. Our son is lactose intolerant so we did start to wonder and moved her to comfort milk as she wasnt actually as bad as ds was.
Yesterday she started being sick when feeding and had green mucus in her sick. I rang the doctor who said to bring her in today.
This afternoon we go in and then to my shick he reffers us to the hospital!!!!
Read his notes and it said suspected sepsis!!!
They checked over dd and she has a skin infection and a water infection. They also took spinal fluid and bloods to test for meningitis!!
She has now got an IV in her foot and we have to stay in hospital for 48hours! Minimum!!!

So a simple bit of green mucus in her sick which actually just turned out to be snot from her virus/cold has led to her being treated for potentially 2deadly viruses and a skin infection!!!!

So yes.... back in hospital. My poor husband left at 11pm with our 3yo (who had fallen asleep on the bed) and he has toget them both sorted for work/school drop ds to nannys at 6.55 we are really lucky that nanny works in his preschool :thumbup:

Oh n we could potentially be in for 7days...... n ds is having his tonsils out next friday n then he has to be off school for 10days :dohh:

Oh gosh, that sounds awful. You must be exhausted and stressed beyond belief. Hope she gets better soon.

Hope she gets better soon and you get home asap.

Oh no I'm so sorry! Poor things, I hope she has a speedy recovery!
xxx
~LilacPetal~

I'm so sorry. I hope she has a speedy recovery :hugs:

What awful news ! When it rains it pours

I really hope your LO is a lot better soon! X

This is a bit old now but I hope she recovered well and it wasn't sepsis! My son had it at 4 weeks old, horrible. :(

Have just stumbled across this - hope all is ok!! Big hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->