so we are having to be checked for carbon monoxide... please read

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
We have all been having symptoms of carbon monoxide, but if it wasnt for being told about these symptoms by someone who has had it, we wouldnt have known anything about it.
I hear it can affect pregnant women and Im totally shitting myself now. We are awaiting on the gas people to come out and check it, but the liklyhood is, we have it.
Anyone know anything about carbon monoxide etc:? We dont have any awareness of it at all.

I'd go and get yourself some carbon monoxide detectors if you're worried about it while you wait for the Gas board. They're a bit like smoke detectors and similar sort of price. I think you can get them from places like B & Q or even the local fire station.

Do you happen to know what affect it has on people? I know death is one of them but thats only in high leakages- Do you have to see a doctor ETC:?

I think it's headaches, nausea and flu symptoms...

When are British Gas coming out?

well the gas board found a leak but dont know where its coming from because or boiler is all sealed off with tiles. NOT good if you ask me. So we ave to turn off all gas and wait for skerit to see what the problem is....... no wonder its cost 400 quid in gas for 3 months.

i had a slow leak once that i didnt know about, went on for a while, suffered with headaches and dizzness.

It was all fixed in teh end and me and my children were fine, i think its only VERY high levels that cause damage

but if your that worried then like Helen said, get some dectors and see a doctor

x

also..just throught, transco will be able to tell you where the leak is coming from, they have gadgets that can pin piont it, mine was coming from the back of the cooker, so double check with thema nd ask them to tell you where it is...they will know

x

Hey guys, thanks for the response.
Well, transco found a leak but they said they was not able to check the boiler in the kitchen because Skerits has tiled over the piping (how irrisponsible) so they was not able to tell us as they could not break the tiling. Skerits then came out and said there is no leak- so what do we do? the gas board said there is and skerits said that there is not. Our boiler in the kitchen has NEVER been right. AT ALL
And Layla, those are the symptoms I am getting, along with sore throat and a few other things. Dunno what else we can do really.

Phone NHS24 for advice.. If ur concerned about ur health and well being I wouldnt leave it. Get checked out!x

Can I ask a dumb question? Who are Skerits?

Can I ask a dumb question? Who are Skerits?
They fit boilers and central heating in peoples homes.
It may just be a nottingham based company but I thought they worked all over the UK.

I don't want to scare you by telling you what can happen, but you need to move out of that home IMMEDIATELY. Go to your doctor or the emergency room and explain the situation. You need hyperbaric oxygen therapy ASAP to protect your baby. The baby is feeling it 4 to 5 times worse than you are. It has been linked to brain damage in you and the infant. Carbon monoxide is an abortifacient and a teratogen, resulting in physical deformities and psychomotor disabilities if its a severe case.

You NEED to move. Don't spend another second in that house. Get all your stuff out and don't go back until its fixed. This is NOT something to mess around with. I really don't want to scare you but you need to know how serious this is. If I said "move out" and didn't explain why you probably wouldn't take it seriously. I'm sorry if I'm scaring you, but you really need to leave.

I don't want to scare you by telling you what can happen, but you need to move out of that home IMMEDIATELY. Go to your doctor or the emergency room and explain the situation. You need hyperbaric oxygen therapy ASAP to protect your baby. The baby is feeling it 4 to 5 times worse than you are. It has been linked to brain damage in you and the infant. Carbon monoxide is an abortifacient and a teratogen, resulting in physical deformities and psychomotor disabilities if its a severe case.

You NEED to move. Don't spend another second in that house. Get all your stuff out and don't go back until its fixed. This is NOT something to mess around with. I really don't want to scare you but you need to know how serious this is. If I said "move out" and didn't explain why you probably wouldn't take it seriously. I'm sorry if I'm scaring you, but you really need to leave.
Hey, thanks for the reply.
The people who fitted the boiler tested for carbon monoxide and said that there wasnt any trace of it. I dont know what more we can do?
My aunt and uncle almost died of it so Im kinda panicking a little, but if they claim theres no trace of the gas, and my family are happy with that- me moving out will look very extreme. :(
It's kinda weird because I told my OH that I found it very very odd how all the animals were coming down with a weird breathing condition and I was wondering if its anything to do with the house, he then pointed out to me that I had to get it checked for CO2.

Have you not gone out an bought a detecter?

I'd be surprised if you haven't!! :wacko:

Well there either is gas, or there isn't. It can't be both. I thought you said someone said there was?

Fact of the matter is, you need to be responsible for that baby and do the right thing by him. Go buy a detector, if it comes up with a reading that is high, leave. Looking dramatic or not, your son is at a major risk if you stay there and there's something wrong. You'll kick yourself for the rest of your life...

well the gas board found a leak but dont know where its coming from because or boiler is all sealed off with tiles. NOT good if you ask me. So we ave to turn off all gas and wait for skerit to see what the problem is....... no wonder its cost 400 quid in gas for 3 months.

how can gas board find a leak then the "boiler fitters" not find one? did u get a detector?

Well they came back out and said there was a leak in an old pipe that was faulty before the new heating was fitted. They claim they have fixed it now though. But apparently we have been leaking gas for 5 years and nobody even knew about it. It wasnt coming from inside our house but from a pipe that was near the gas meter, this would explain why our bills were so expensive.. They sprayed CO2 in our boiler and said everything was fine. No trace of monoxide.

I think you still need to go to the doctors and get some blood taken and tests done. It's not really something you want to sit back and go "Oh well!" about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubysan
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->