so when do you actually feel human again....

ready2bamum

Reaction score
and dare to leave the house...lol...

Im obsessing about when the day comes that I will actually need to go out...what clothes will I wear to make it possible to BF...how will I manage my nearly 3 year old as well as a nursing baby etc..:wacko:

First time around my.first outing was the 6-8 week check up.
Looks like ill be doing the same this time around!! Lol
my energy levels are slowly improving but nowhere near pre pregnancy!!

My LO is just under 4 weeks and we've just braved a trip to John Lewis. I wouldn't say I feel human though, more than I just put a brave face on!

We've been out loads since DS2 was born-coffee shops, a couple of meals out and a trip to boots! I don't know how is be without my husband being off to help with DS1, but I've found BFing much easier this time and have been happy to be out and about :)

I was fearful with my last one going out BF with my daughter she was my 3rd but the first one who was actually able to BF due to health issues with myself and the older ones when they were born thankfully I was given a bit of courage because of all of the recent news stories seaming to make it more acceptable and after seeing other women BF out and about with there babies it was a challenge tho having the older 2 to keep track of so it was hard for me to go out with all of them with out my DH around this time I have no such luxury seeing as my DH is being deployed this year but I think with depending on where I go some times I will be able to straight BF other iI may have to give this one bottles (if I can pump any with how much he eats) but after the first few outings it becomes much easier I wish you the best of luck and if it help maybe the first few times out and about you take some one with you (if possible I know it isn't always) like a friend of DH good luck to you and your LO

I was going out with DD2 when she was a few days old; she attended her very first wedding when she was 10 days old. Luckily my parents can babysit my oldest so it's a lot easier to go out for shopping/dining, etc. As for BF'ing clothes, I bought 8$ V-collar t-shirts from Simons, as they go low enough to easily BF:winkwink: And I use a breastfeeding poncho, so no worry about the blanket falling off or something :)

I have already gone out a few times on my own with both kiddos. Started with easy quick trips so I could get into the swing of things! But my dh and I have gone out a lot together. I guess going out helped me feel more normal rather than waiting to feel normal before going out iykwim?

I mastered the art of dressing for bfing with my first-- ALWAYS wear an under shirt. Like a cami. I generally wore the ones with a built in bra. When you life your top shirt and lower just the bit you need of the undershirt, you show next to nothing and can feed baby essentially anywhere! Most people won't even realize what you're doing.

Agree about wardrobe being a key part of feeling up to going out. H&m nursing tops are my faves, usually with a shirt over the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->