So worried! hormone levels not doubling?!?

sdova

Reaction score
Last week on Tuesday I had my first appointment. My doctor did an ultrasound and we saw a little tiny spec, he said it was too early to measure so he was going to take my blood to check my levels. I took a blood test that day (tuesday) then came back thursday and had another blood test. Today I called for the results and they said my hormones didn't double, so they are sending me to another office to get another ultrasound, at first they said they wanted it by today or tomorrow and its urgent, but then when we found out the next opening wasn't until next week they said its okay to wait till next week. If i calculated right I should be just barely 6 weeks. I have no bleeding, i do have occasionally bad cramping that i've been getting for the past 3 weeks, but no intense pain. Sore breasts, very tired and moody, peeing very frequently, a lot of headaches, and a lot of burping, acid reflex and heart burn. Has this happened to anyone else and they baby turned out okay?? I am going to go crazy waiting an entire week to find out whats going on.

No experience with that myself, but didn't want to read and run. Maybe the second day draw was a tad early. My doctor actually had me get my second draw four days after the first because even though they should typically double in 48 hours, sometimes it may take slightly longer. Sorry you have to wait, but stay positive and hope you get good news.

Did they give you your baseline numbers for your first two blood draws? When I got to the 5-6 week mark my hcg was at the point where it wasn't supposed to double every two days anymore. Keep in mind hcg stops doubling ever two days once it reaches 1,200 or so. It can take 3-4 days after that threshold. Here's a link and see if you can get a hold of the exact numbers so your not worried for no reason!

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/beta_doubling_calculator.php

Hi - I am in a similar position my numbers weren't going up enough so I have had more bloods taken and I have to ring this morning.

I am so nervous but try to stay positive as at least the levels are going up. Fingers crossed for your next scan x

My first draw was 2438 and my second draw was 3138.. im relieved its still rising but concerned if its rising enough or quick enough

GL :) my hormones didn't double they never do. Just something my body does. But I am now 13weeks+2. GL ladies! Remember not very pregnancy does things by the book! It's not an exact science xx

Update! Had my appointment yesterday, I switched doctors, my new doctor didnt seem too worried about my hormone levels, she said "well that was a long time ago, (two weeks ago) they didnt double but oh well lets take a look" and we saw our baby and a strong heartbeat! She said the heartbeat couldn't get any stronger than that, and every thing looked good, measurements were perfect. I am 7 weeks 2 days, due December 8th =)

With your levels as high as they were it was silly for those doctors to expect them to double at that point....so glad your new doctors are up to date and were able to give you some great news!

Glad you were able to get some good news and put your mind at ease. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->