So. You've just been made prime minister...

1.5 million houses to put it into perspective!

Our state is introducing free 5h child care from 1 year old to school(6y0) more than 5 h still ahve to pay but less than before (iut is also income related anyway)

anyway prime minister of england?
be more euro friendly and explain the reasons why to people harhar :D.

Lots of issues that are called up here are just unpopular because people dont understand them, they just hear money goes to whom? without any of the other effect that play a role in it.

Raise the minimum wage by a couple of £'s. It is impossible to support yourself without help from the government on the amount that it currently is.

Introduce some sort of regulation body for the rental property market to make private renting more affordable and to stop landlords from charging overinflated rental prices.

Reduce or subsidise childcare costs.

Scrap bedroom tax as it's clearly not working.

I'd do away with MPs "expenses" it's funny how they claim for everything, and still feel the need to award themselves with a 11% pay increase and yet give nhs staff a pathetic 1% and that's if they are one of the lucky few to be eligible.

I would regulate Private Renting. The rents some Landlords now charge is crazy and far beyond what the average working family can afford. My husbands salary dropped quite considerably last year and we are now claiming housing benefit, without it we couldn't even afford a 1 bed flat. But I think its stupid as with 2 of us going out to work we should be able to pay our own way, not rely on benefits going to the greedy landlords.
Also the excessive fee's charged by agents, even just signing our contract for another year we are hit with a £70 bill. I think its ridiculous agents can get away with charging any amount they feel in fee's to people just looking to put a roof over their heads.

Also affordable flexible childcare for working parents (but i haven't thought about how i would do this yet :) )

I'd do away with MPs "expenses" it's funny how they claim for everything, and still feel the need to award themselves with a 11% pay increase and yet give nhs staff a pathetic 1% and that's if they are one of the lucky few to be eligible.

The 1% is an insult!! :growlmad:

The 1% is an insult!! :growlmad:

I know!! :growlmad: they work so hard, with stretched resources-this is a slap in the face in an industry vital to society. Pay them properly!

So what did the MPs do to deserve 11%?! Anyone know?! :shrug:

With those of you that mention affordable child care too. The UKs child care is the second most expensive in the world!!
We should all get together and set up a political party...we could do a million times better than those numpties....heck our kids could!!

If I was Prime Minister of Finland:
I'd legalise and tax the hell out of weed.
Raise tax on cigarettes.
Lower tax on alcohol (not to encourage more drinking but because the taxes are so high people nip over to Estonia to stock up on booze so Finland loses out on that tax money).
More language courses available for immigrants (none available where I live and its a decent sized town)
Possibly make National Service compulsory for women too, not too sure about that one though, might not be affordable really.

If I was Prime Minister of the UK....well there's way too much I'd want to change, education system, affordable childcare, ATOS, MPs wages and expenses, the list goes on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->