Soapnuts

Pops

Proud Mum & Wifey
Reaction score
We really like the idea of these but can we pre-wash with them or should we do that with normal detergent and try these when we are using the napies?

:flower:

xxx

i dont see why you cant prewash with them :)

if youre prewashing just to boost absorbancy though you dont need anything, just water

x

Oh awesome!! I'll wash the preloved ones with soap and the newbies with just water to prepare :thumbup:

xxx

We use them for everything, totally converted and saves a fortune :)

i sitll have two packs of samples waiting to be used, i need to pluck up the courage lol, i said id try them as soon as my powder ran out but ive bought two more boxes since then :blush:

x

They are easy and my washing smells so clean. You can add essential oils if you prefer a specific smell too. They are saving us a fortune :)

I've got a sample pack that I'm plucking up the courage to use too...as if its something scary!! :haha: (I think I don't want to be let down by them!)

I've got a sample pack too. What exactly do you do with them? xx

you just put so many half shells into the little mesh bag you get with them and put them in the drum on top of the washing :shrug: sounds foolproof lol, i dont know why im so worried to use them lol

x

you just put so many half shells into the little mesh bag you get with them and put them in the drum on top of the washing :shrug: sounds foolproof lol, i dont know why im so worried to use them lol

x

I was wondering if you had to split them or something... Someone's trying to sell me a huge bag and some of them look to be whole and others halves....

P.S Can you use them in toploaders?

You don't need to split them or anything, and I use them for everything too.

I use 6 whole shells normally, or 8 wholes for a dirty wash

Get about 4 washes out of that - so they last a logn time

If you wash at 30 just make sure you soak them in hot water for a bit before the wash - as 30 isnt hot enough to soften them and they wont sud up unless warmed a bit, but anything 40 up is fine to use them as they are

Oh really, as far as I understand the way they work it makes no odds , it says it shouldnt matter here https://www.livingnaturallysoapnuts.com/faqs_soap_nuts.html

I might bang them with a hammer next time though see if I can use less nuts!

Where do you put the essential oil Draz? In the drawere where you would put the fabric softner I assume? :flower:

xxx

Yes Pops - in the drawer where you would normally put soap powder ;)

Yeah, you are supposed to split them (although mine already come in halves) and remove the nut in the middle. In theory, they should already be split, as they are simply shell as the as the nuts are used in the pharmaceutical industry.

How green are we, eh?? Using something that would ordinarily be lobbed in the bin AND saving on soap powder :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->