Soapnuts

Yeah pops, in the top drawer.

NightKD, you can - but they don't go in the drawer - you just put them in a cotton little bag which should come with them, or in a tied sock, and throw them in with the rest of the washing.

I split mine, apparently it helps them work better. It's easy to break them too. As has been said, I use about 8 halves for 5ish washes. If you haven't tried them but have a sample just give them a go, it's really easy :)

I have some soap nuts but haven't used them yet... am confused about rinsing. I read that they don't release the soap in cold water, so to make sure the clothes are rinsed properly, do you have to do a cold rinse after? Or is it ok to just let them have the normal hot rinse? If they work for us I'd be hoping to reduce the need for extra rinses, for nappies anyway.

:)

id prob take the bag out then do another rinse spin, just to be on the safe side, though i dont know if thats necessary because apparently they dont cause detergent buildup like powder :shrug:

x

Honestly, I just use them in the normal wash and haven't noticed any problems.

I put the oil in the softener drawer

My nuts are kind of whole but they are split, like as if they have had a cut made and the nut squeezed out, they have always washed fine as they come, but I am going to try breaking them next time anyway.

The link I posted https://www.livingnaturallysoapnuts.c...soap_nuts.html has FAQs on soap nuts, it suggest that no rinse is required, or just a short one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->