Social etiquette: can you put TOO much on your registry?

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
I have 105 things on my registry. Mostly because I am using it as an I want to buy this myself checklist lol. And most of the things in it are $4-15 then of course my big ticket items I want that completion coupon for lol. I have a wide range of prices, mostly cheap because my friends are broke af. A few pricey (for either me to buy or my mom and her friends). But I worry people might open it and go is she effing kidding me with this list lol.

So just curious what's the etiquette here/how much stuff is on your registry?

No, you can't have too much. In fact, it gives people more options. And putting a lot of inexpensive items on the list is great. That's what I did too. I also used my registry as my shopping list, plus I wanted the percentage off at the end. I did an amazon registry that I didn't even give to other people as I just made it so I could get my crib and stroller with the percentage off. (I also put my due date a couple months earlier so I could buy those things before baby came LOL) But don't worry about it being too many items. I'd much rather have a long list to choose from than a short one.

I'm not in a place where registries are commonly used but I think the more on there the better, especially lots of little things. It let's people choose something and they won't be put in the awkward position that everything they can afford is already gone. So don't worry :)

Idk what's right or wrong but I have almost 200 �� So I think you're okay haha

Lol nice. I skipped some things because i already have it or they seemed unnecessary to me. Like I get that we all think microwaves are bad, but my mom gave me microwaved milk and I turned out pretty darn ok lol. It's now up to like 115 on BRUS, a handful of books on Amazon, and like 3 things on Buy Buy Baby. Those aren't big though so I may just buy them

Etiquette wise, I think the concern is more the cost if the items on your registry rather than the amount of items on your registry. I hate when people register for the most ridiculously expensive items that I know they would never spend the money on themselves, but then use their friends and family to finance those items for them. I would appreciate a registry with lots of affordable items on it.

OMG that's my mom! We were at BBB and the clerk kept trying to push me towards registering expensive items, and I was like no I don't need the $350 play yard show me the good old fashioned $99 eff the bells and whistles. And my mom takes the scanner and registers for the $350 saying, "What, I have rich friends. You never know, one of them might buy it for you." r_r

Totally okay, I just my registry as a shopping list and a as a reminder of items I want to look at in store before committing to buying. It's good to have a variety of prices on there, I hate it when people register for nothing but expensive items. Right now I have 3 different strollers on mine because I want to go down to the store when I have some time and tinker with them to see how I like them - that may look crazy to someone :haha:

I have 2 registries, one has about 70 and the other has like 65 items on it. Most of it is cheap stuff. I'm certainly not expecting to receive all of it but as using it as a list of things I'd like to get in general. Anyway both places give you a percent off "registry completion" coupon so I can hopefully save a little money on what we need that we don't receive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->