Soft mushy poos- teething or bug? What you reckon?

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by EMYJC, Jan 31, 2011.

1. EMYJC

EMYJC Two boys and unexpected BFP!

I am hoping you will all say teething although Lucas has never done mushy poos with his so far 6 teeth. Since last Thu he has been doing really soft, mushy poos. Light brown in colour, looks like there's brown seeds in, stink to high heaven but he's well in himself, got his appetite and drinking loads, just this poo texture if worrying me. He isnt being sick or anything but has started waking in the night a bit again. He's doing 3-4 a day. :shrug:

2. neadyda

neadyda Well-Known Member

My little man does them too! Some days he has really hard poos but most days they are like you said, I think he is teething. Hasnt got any teeth yet. My little man has constantly got his hand in his mouth as well and bites on anything u give him!

3. indy and lara

indy and lara Well-Known Member

TBH, once Emma stopped having Gaviscon, she has always done mushy poos. I think it sounds like your LO is teething though. That always makes hers really smelly!

4. EMYJC

Thanks for your replies. Have a feeling it is as theres a couple of bulges in the gums again and the night waking and his eczema has flared a little bit. Just never done it with his previous teeth

5. Emz1982_in_uk

Emz1982_in_uk Mummy to Dino & BaBa

Experiencing the same Em. Horrid poos and spots/ezcema on Kai's face I can see 3 coming through at the top. Hope Lucas is ok x x

6. MNORBURY

MNORBURY Well-Known Member

vies poos have gone like this and she too has 6 teeth, I'm almost certain there's more on the way soon as she is doing very funny things with her mouth!

I'd say teething especially as he has no change with anything else x

7. caggimedicine

caggimedicine Mummy to Harry

If he's well in himself, I would say teething. Harry didn't always have squishy poos for all of his teeth, but when his larger and back ones were coming through he had poo exactly as you're describing... and yes, it DOES stink worse than anything I think I've ever smelt before!

8. EMYJC

Thanks all, looks like the top incisors are imminent and 2 further bottom ones. Hope it passes soon!