Softcups/divacups? Bleurgh

wildworld

Pregnant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
The more I hear about them, the more I want to try them for ttc (sounds very messy with AF). However, reading about the insertion makes me feel queasy. I rarely even use tampons >.<

Who has tried it and have you had any luck with it?

xxx

We tried them for the first time this month. It wasn't awkward to inset and you couldn't tell it was there like I thought you would. (They seem pretty big)

Not sure if it worked yet, I'm 9dpo but my chart seems a little promising with a few symptoms.

hey! ive started using the soft cups, havent looked up diva cups. I just started usingthem this month and I did a 'practice' try before DTD earlier that day, it's actually quite easy, and they fit in snug, the diagram made it look more complicated than when you actually try it, as it says it's meant to fit 'under the pubic bone' and I'm like ummm do I know where that is? LOL but when I put it in, you just push really far in and it fits snug & it doesn't go back any further then you know it's in place. it really helps that they cant get 'lost' so it stopped me from panicking as I knew I could take it out. i had an easier time with this then when I tried a tampon in my teens! & it saves a LOT of mess after dtd, & all the success stories do sound encouraging!

I use them. Haven't had any success yet, but def makes it cleaner after!

I've wanted to try one of those, but I'm concerned I won't be able to get it out! Has anyone had trouble with that? I don't use a diaphragm or anything, the only thing I've ever inserted are tampons - and they have strings, so no worries there!

I was afraid of that too. But havnt had any issues at all!

Thanks ladies! They just look SO big in pictures (although I've seen them on ebay in small, medium and large!) And getting them out...good god, it looks terrifying. Maybe I'll get a cheaper version on ebay first and Aiysh, you're right, the success stories make me want to try it really bad!

I just need to get over my fear of it if i want a baby

I just bought the actual Softcups from a drugstore here. Wasn't too expensive. And they are pretty big. But i've never had an issue with putting them in or out.
Good luck!

Ive tried femmecup this cycle and I did pannic a bit the first time I was taking it out, but I got hold of it in the end and the next time it was easier. I couldnt use it for AF though, not without having a shower with every change :wacko:

Ive never been one to put my fingers up there, I just hate the feel of my insides so this was a bit scary. But since forcing myself to check CM and CP, its not that bad anymore.

I wish it had a tampon-string on it though :coffee:

I used it for the first time last week and it was terribly painful. I am not one to really use tampons either, and I am pretty small down there... my husband had to help me get it out and I experienced bruising for a day :/ I've also heard that you can use female condoms or sponges....I just don't want to keep trying stuff and it isn't worth it in the end... however, good luck if you try to use it!

I have never used them for af, but I use them for ttc. Its very helpful especially if you like to bd in the mornings because you can wear it for 12hrs and you wont feel messy down there, you dont feel it at all and its easy to put in, I reccomend them:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->