Solid colored baby clothing - USA and Canada???

apple84

Reaction score
I would love to get some baby sleepers/rompers/jumpsuits - you know long sleeved, long pant onsies (with or without feet) in solid colors for my little boy - green, red, yellow, brown... He's not even born yet and I'm already sick of all the blue and puppy dogs and trucks and sports! I want him to look cute...not cutsey! I love American apparel, but they don't carry rompers!

All you fashionable mommies out there - help!

I dont know really but i know AA does sell some baby clothes.

why dont you go to a local curtain or material shop and buy some dye, and just buy a pack of white sleepers, and stick them in the sink with the dye and the water. Its really simple you just stir it for a while and leave it to soak, then rinse and dry. The colour shouldnt fade at all, but if it does it will be months, and by then the sleeper wont fit!!

its cheap too! here we have instant dyes you just pop in to the water, think hot water, then add the material. Its how people tye dye.. except you dont put the elastic on the clothes. just pop in the sleeper whole adn let it soak in.
I know here you can get dye packets, for like 50p or one pound, or it was when i was at uni a few years ago, which is like 2 dollars canadian.. probably less over there.

I would love to get some baby sleepers/rompers/jumpsuits - you know long sleeved, long pant onsies (with or without feet) in solid colors for my little boy - green, red, yellow, brown... He's not even born yet and I'm already sick of all the blue and puppy dogs and trucks and sports! I want him to look cute...not cutsey! I love American apparel, but they don't carry rompers!

All you fashionable mommies out there - help!

Ugh I know what you mean! I have had great luck at these places...Walmart "George" has some good three pack onesies that are nice colours, Old Navy and Superstore "Joe"...but its hit and miss with each store. I LOVE Joe's stuff, its cute without the "cutesy"..but I will caution you this they don't last very long. I bought one onesie I LOVED, baby blue with modern looking outlines of airplanes (very mod looking..) and it got tiny holes after three washes.

But the rest of their items have lasted.

The Gap also has nice stuff.

The dying is an awesome idea as long as I can find some mild dyes that won't be too harsh on baby's skin. I will have to start searching!

im with Nic, i got 3 packs of sleepers for 8.99 at Wallymart last weekend. i got a salmon colour and a yellow and a green. pink cause we are having a girl but i love the salmon/peachy colour, it looks awesome. and they have them in plenty of sizes!

Wal Mart has solid coloured ones, you should have an easier time finding stuff in those colours now that it's fall .. :) Go for the "organic" stuff, all of my organic clothing for her is in 'earthy' colours.. Old Navy has some stuff, I think their collection is called "Little Bundles" but not entirely sure on that!

Excellent ideas! Looking around at some of the places suggested (yes I already did go check them out!) they have lots of onsies (t-shirts that snap between the legs), but I can't find plain colored sleepers (long sleeves, long arms - romper type one-pieces). I'm especially looking for plain white now, because I want to try dying some baby clothes. I did find one white sleeper at Zellers yesterday that is plain besides a little embroidered elephant, but that's the best I've managed so far.

Really? is it that hard to find plain white over there?? Here asda and teso and everywhere sell them! Asda is part of walmart now!! you could order online?

Plain white onsies (baby grows) are easy to find, sleepers are not. I've been looking online, but alot of places either don't ship to Canada or charge outrageous shipping fees.

try gap, old navy, childrens place..

they got lots of plain colors https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=7139&vid=1&pid=663966&scid=663966022

and sleepers https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=12894&vid=1&pid=665522&scid=665522012

Walmart, Target, Babies R Us and Gap Baby. That's where I found a lot of solid colored stuff.

ive never heard of a babygrow not being the same thing as a sleeper, i thought sleeper was just what americans called babygrows... my baby will be sleeping in babygrows...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->