Some advice on weaning and formula feeding

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this is its questions on two different sections...

For well over a week now Alex wotn take full bottles, only 4-6ozs during the day and 1 8ozs over night.
He takes 4ozs fine but anymore is a struggle to get him to take.
Ive tried a faster teat and the milk just comes pouring out down his chin.

I spoke to my health visitor and she has suggested starting him on some solids, the likes of baby rice etc that i can add formula to.

Just looking for some thoughts or anything else i can try with his bottles?

Is he actually unsettled when he's only taking 4-6oz bottles? It might be all he needs.
For a few weeks Ruby was consistently taking 9oz bottles and I really thought I'd have to wean her soon, but her intake dropped slightly and she's as happy as ever...

Well I wouldn't worry then. No need to offer solids early unless he is drinking to full capacity and still not satisfied. (IMO that would mean him not lasting 3-4 hours between feeds during the day).

Hes getting weighed on tuesday aswell so i will hold off untill then and see how his weight is.

If he is happy with his bottles and gaining weight I wouldnt wean x

i think its a good idea your waiting till tuesday hun :D

see on tuesday but like others have said if he isnt losing weight and is satisfied then hold out :)

i weaned luisa at 4 months as she was drinking between 30-40ozs of milk a day! unsettled and her weight gain stopped :( it worked though she is back on track now

I think the amount is 32-40oz for a baby... If he is eating that I wouldnt worry. Jasmine didnt always finish bottles either... and then there were times she would finish one and be screaming for more lol.

I did give baby rice early though and I liked the outcome. I made it with formula in the beginning.

Maybe he has just been through a growth spurt? So he has been taking extra milk to do all that lovely growing and now is back to normal. All will become clear when he gets weighed, I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->