Some advice please

heather118

Mum of 2 & pregnant #3
Reaction score
Ok so Isabelle is nearly 5 months, she has been breast feed since birth and always used to sleep through the night.
She stopped doing that about a month ago and i started her on baby rice, that settled her for a while but now she is up 4 - 5 time a night, she seems to not want to breast feed, she seems to pull away and cry when i try to feed her. But as soon as i offer her baby porridge she opens her mouth and eats it, no spitting it out, just completely finishes it in minutes and wants more.
i really dont no what to do? should i be giving her more meals? or should i try something else??

I havent really explained this properly, she does breast feed during the night, and a few times during the day, but when we have food, she is constantly opening her mouth and trying to grab out food. and sometimes when i know she is hungry she wont breast feed, she will only eat porridge or puree. i dont want to over feed her or starve her. Im just really confused.

how many meals r u offering? u might find she needs breakfast and dinner now. i'm in the same situation as you (breastfeeding and weaning from 5 months) i'm just a little ahead, you can pm me if u want x

I dont bf but im finding the same thing... Sometimes when they begin teething etc they dont like to nurse or drink as much because the sucking action can be painful.

I dont know if thats the case with us or you... But I find Jasmine is more interested in real food now.

What ryder said made sense i never knew that before...

Also you could try giving her more food if she is clearly asking for more solids, it wouldn't hurt to give more. Generally babies will stop opening their mouths when they are full up.

How many meals a day are you giving her?

well i have started her on 3 meals aday, but im only giving small amounts, i give her porridge twice and a puree once. I was really worried about starting her on other things, because i didnt no if it was the right thing to do. But she is definatly asking for more food, The other day my partner was eating and holding her, and she grabbed it out of his hand and put it in her mouth.
Also i do think she is Teething.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->