some advise needed please

girlibird

Reaction score
so i got my last period dates wrong only just seen that when looking through my diary.. my last af was friday the 3rd may 2011 received my bfp but very faint friday 27th may2011..

well sunday 19th had some bleeding only when i wiped and brown
sent for a scan! gestation sack empty and 12mm would be (6 weeks 2 days)

another scan yesterday showed two small marks in the gestation sac told to have another scan..sac was then 12mm x11mm x18mm (7 weeks 3 days)

discharged and dr said i need to have a termination as its a missed miscarriage. sonographer said i need another scan help.#

any how i have another scan on friday this week making me 8 weeks.. if they do not see anything different then i have been penciled in for a termination.

why would the dr be so crewl and say no more scans you need a termination if the sonogpaher thinks i do need another scan? so asked and when i said they saw two things in there bright white marks the nurse on the phone booked me staright in for a scan b4 the procedure i am having done

help

also scan shows i have a hemorrhage on my uturus hence why i have been spottting all week not once have i bled and its hit my underwear only when i use the loo

Hello hun when I was trawling the inernet following my first scan I found this article I have condensed it a bit.

While a gestational sac is sometimes seen as early as during the 4th week of gestation, it may not be seen until the end of the 5th week, when the serum HCG levels have risen to 1000-1500 mIU.
Gestational sac size may be determined by measuring the largest diameter, or the mean of three diameters. These differences rarely effect gestational age dating by more than a day or two.

Yolk Sac
As the pregnancy advances, the next structure to become visible to ultrasound is the yolk sac. This is a round, sonolucent structure with a bright rim.

The yolk sac first appears during the fifth week of pregnancy and grows to be no larger than 6 mm. Yolk sacs larger than 6 mm are usually indicative of an abnormal pregnancy. Failure to identify (with transvaginal ultrasound) a yolk sac when the gestational sac has grown to 12 mm is also usually indicative of a failed pregnancy.

Your sac is just measuring 12mm and so the yoke sac should be visible maybe thats what those bright light bits are? The docs are quick just to assume you have had a missed miscarriage where your dates could be wrong. Hope for you this is the case. As for the doc saying you need a termination that is the wrong terminology that to me implies the request to end a viable pregnancy where this is not the case.

Hope you find out soon. x

thanks so do i, i am hoping those two bright lights were the yolk sac showing maybe just a bit later than normal pregnancies thats my dream but ooo boi if i go there friday to be prepared for theater and before i swallow those two tablets that will be given to me after the scan, and the scan shoes a living fetus or yolk sac that dr who said that to me will have a massive donk on the nose!!!!!! dunno why but i am so positive friday is the day my baby and yolk sac is going be seen.. hey might have bad news but believe it in my s ould fridays my day! 8 weeks preggo then fetus 6 weeks old.

I definately wouldnt terminate without another scan :hugs:

thanks just another question what it miscarriage blood like? stupid question but never been there. only when i go wee do i lose some blood its now red but mixed in with alot of clear fluid?

Mine has always started off brown then gone to a pinky colour like watery blood you have described, then bright red. However I did bled with my dd and everything was ok, same thing brown then pinky red. x

im sorry you are going through this...Doctors are always LOOKING at the first patient. MEANING you are their first patient so if they have any feeling of something not being right they will say to just terminate. BUT you are your babies best advocate; Have another scan refuse to take any less and than go from there!! -Hang in there, waiting is the hardest!

tell me aboit it i felt my ervix doing weird sensations lat night thought here we go.. sat on the loo expecting everything to come and nothing just a small amout or red blood mixed in with loads of clear fluid.. i cant decribe it sorry tmi coming but if you fold the t.p in half it sticks to one side and the other..and stretches :( roll on friday my next scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->