Some blood?

Megandelv88

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I experienced this around 6 weeks and I worried for a couple days. I had an ultrasound and everything was fine! However, I'm 17 weeks 3 days and it happened again. I had a little blood Tuesday morning when I woke up and didn't think much about it. It was pinkish and very slight. Then nothing all day. Before I went to bed, it happened again. The blood was still pink but also had some dark red. I figured if I woke up with more blood, I'd call the doc. However, I haven't had any blood since. I also wouldn't call it blood, it was definitely spotting. Only appeared on the toilet paper. I had an appointment the previous Monday, 4/25 and we heard the heartbeat. All else seemed fine. Should I consider speaking to the Doc? I read about it and sometimes it seems fine, but then I read scary things! I told myself if it happened again I would definitely call.

This whole thing has been so weird for me. No symptoms, still no bump, still no entirely noticeable movements. My brain is messing with me!:dohh:

Advice? Anyone?

Hopefully its nothing but I would definitely get it checked out for both your sakes n peace of mind. Give your midwife a ring x

I dont have a midwife, ill have to make an appointment to see my Dr. I also like the idea of getting an ultrasound. Peace of mind :)

I agree. Any time you see blood call the ob to be checked out. Could be cervical bleeding. Do you have placenta previa?

any kind of spotting or bleeding needs to be immediately checked out in the second and third trimesters.

I agree to call your doctor , its probably nothing serious since it's so little but definitely should be checked to be safe.

I had occasional spotting from 12 weeks until 16 weeks. Some was associated with bowel movements and some came out of nowhere. Similar to yours it was on toilet paper and after bowel movements twice in the toilet. At 16 weeks I went for an ultrasound after the last episode. Spotting was unexplained and they said it was most likely due to sensitive cervix or a blood vessel that kept bursting. I was on pelvic rest for a good while but thankfully the baby was ok.

I know for my own piece of mind I had to go get an ultrasound. Any bleeding during pregnancy is absolutely nerve wrecking. I wish you all the best and look forward to a good update!

You should definitely get this checked out just in case. It's probably just an irritated cervix, has it happened after sex? At your scan where was your placenta? I had placenta previa diagnosed at my 20 week scan and have just spent a week in hospital after a bleed. I would call my midwife just to be on the safe side. Some bleeds do need monitoring and others are harmless x

Yep let us know how u get on, defo get it checked. I take it u r not in the UK then, we get midwifes over here who we can ring if any probs n see now n then. Don't u get midwife at all? X

I've had bleeding in first trimester and then again at thirteen and sixteen weeks.

I went in last week to get checked ( they couldn't do anything in the first trimester). They found I've got a cervical encropian - is like a graze on the cervix causing the bleeding. Nothing to worry about and not harmful to the baby. Such a relief to find out the reason for it.

I hope everything is OK with you x

Thanks everyone. Want some interesting news? I got a call this morning that my obgyn passed away. How crazy! He wasn't old and as far as I know nothing was wrong with him. I just have no idea where I stand now. He was in practice with someone else, but I have a feeling the office is a bit hectic right now. I have some guilt. I know I should call and get this checked out, especially after everyones suggestions, but I just feel very bad. I have my 20 week scan on May 27th. Would it be okay to wait it out? Ive still had no blood since or any pain. I haven't been told I have placenta previa or anything like that.

Yep let us know how u get on, defo get it checked. I take it u r not in the UK then, we get midwifes over here who we can ring if any probs n see now n then. Don't u get midwife at all? X

We can have midwives if we want. Sometimes covered by insurance, sometimes not. Im not sure I can have both so at the moment I have only an obgyn.

Can you go to the er? better safe than sorry

There is NO way I would ever not have blood checked out. It could very well be nothing but something being irritated but no way I would not want to make sure all is ok. Good luck.

My reasons for waiting, it wasn't 'blood', just very light spotting. Happened twice several hours apart. It's also happened earlier and all was fine. No pain and not continuous. I have a Dr appt soon. If it happens again before my appointment, I will definitely be getting it checked.

I'd be calling and getting it checked. Spotting is still blood.

I spotted light 3 times before I bled so heavy I thought I was having a miscarriage.. I had placenta previa and a hemorrhage. Was put on pelvic rest for several months before they cleared. Inly real reason for my comment. Take care and good luck again it could be nothing but irritation I still always went in. :/

Could be a SCH. I had a very large one with the twins I carried. Started with spotting but I ended up in the hospital for four days with a huge IV in because they were afraid I'd continue bleeding so heavily I'd need a transfusion.

I have terrible anxiety and always feel awful asking my OB about "small stuff", but I'd recommend at least shooting them an email and seeing if THEY want you to be seen.

Best of luck Hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->