some info on Provera...........which one is more accurate???

littlesara

Reaction score
Answer
Provera is perfectly safe for use during pregnancy. Doctors use Provera to help prevent miscarriage in early pregnancy and it is usually taken until 12 weeks gestation, when it is stopped because the placenta has formed and the placenta produces enough progesterone to maintain the pregnancy. Years ago, before they had the modern monoclonic pregnancy tests, they used Provera as a pregnancy test. If you did not bleed, you were pregnant. If you bled, you were not pregnant. Provera will cause you to get your period if you have missed your period due to hormonal imbalance. Provera will also stop your bleeding if you have some dysfunctional uterine bleeding (twice a day for five days). During pregnancy, Provera does not cause bleeding. Provera definitely does NOT cause a miscarriage and is definitely used during pregnancy, expecially if you have a low progesterone level.

Here are the warnings which are even scarier:
• Pregnancy: ... in patients with a fertilized defective ova may cause a delay in spontaneous abortion (aka miscarriage)
• Intrauterine Exposure: ... exposure to progestational drugs in the first trimester of pregnancy and genital abnormalities in male and female fetuses. (AKA for those trying to conceive; a BABY) They go on to explain that the male may be "more female" and the female more "male" or as they put it virilization of the external genitalia.
• Thromboembolic disorders: This has to do with blood disorders, clots, strokes etc.
• Ocular disorders: Having to do with the eyes especially with complete or partial loss of vision and includes down to something smaller like migraines.
• Lactation: Drugs have been found in the breast milk of nursing mothers.
• Multi-dose Use: Special care is necessary to avoid contamination when there are multiple doses in each vial.

i'm starting to get worried now. this is not good. i'm going to call the doctor monday to be checked out. what do you ladies think???

I have taken it twice now and haven't had any problems. I take it for 5 days and then 2-4 days later get my period. My obgyn has me wait two weeks while abstaining from sex to get a blood pregnancy test to make sure I am not pregnant so there is zero concern for a possible pregnancy. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->