Some interiors advice needed, please!

Kitters

Reaction score
Hello ladies, hoping someone with a slightly less mushy baby brain can offer some assistance here!

We've just bought our first house (yahoooo!) and I'm finding myself a bit 'interiorly challenged' when it comes to guests. It's a three bed with open plan living/dining/stairs and separate kitchen. I definitely want to make a space for guests as we have lots of long distance family and friends that visit, but I'm not sure where to house them. We will have a very large corner sofa in the lounge and thought about getting a corner sofa bed, but I'm worried about their privacy with the stairs being in the lounge. The three bedrooms will be our room, baby room and office for hubby as he works from home. We could put a sofa bed in the office instead, but it would be a very, very tight squeeze with desk, storage etc.

Im stumped :shrug: anybody have any ideas? What would you do? Long term plan is to convert the garage, but that's years away yet.

Tried to attach a screen grab of the floor plan, if it doesn't work a quick google of Bellway Rosedale should bring it up.

Any opinions very gratefully received :flower:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 42
I would go for sofa bed in the office. I would prefer less room and more privacy.

Agree with PP, I'd have a sofa bed in the office, even one downstairs if possible as well and let the guests choose. Keeping people out of the living room is also easier when getting up and about in the mornings etc so no one is disturbed. We had guests stay once when DD was little and the living room was out of bounds, it was a faff. After that, we used to put DD in our room the nights we had people over and have guests in her room instead (is this possible?) We just used decent airbeds. HTH.

Agree with PP, I'd have a sofa bed in the office, even one downstairs if possible as well and let the guests choose. Keeping people out of the living room is also easier when getting up and about in the mornings etc so no one is disturbed. We had guests stay once when DD was little and the living room was out of bounds, it was a faff. After that, we used to put DD in our room the nights we had people over and have guests in her room instead (is this possible?) We just used decent airbeds. HTH.

This is what we do - guests have our room and we sleep in lo's room on airbeds. I'd say if you aren't having visitors that often maybe consider something like this? Otherwise a sofa bed in the study I'd say. :flower:

Thanks, ladies, some very valuable feedback there. I think we're going to squeeze in a sofa bed in the office, as it seems the best compromise for privacy and guests not feeling in the way or a burden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->