Some people shouldn't talk outloud...

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
Sometimes I really wonder what people are thinking when they talk... ???

I was waiting for a class at my gym, and there was a group of maybe 10 of us waiting outside the room a bit early. So my best friend, being outgoing, strikes up a convo with another woman waiting. They chat about this and that and somehow talk about tanning and how bad it is for you (cancer wise)- as my friend works in Oncology and told the woman that. The woman she was talking to actually says "yea, I know how bad it is. But my friend and I both go all the time and joke about how we are racing to see who get's cancer first. hahaha"...

UM... seriously? Not really funny. Especially when you are chatting with someone who works with cancer patients EVERY DAY... AND... when the woman over hearing this convo (i.e. ME) has a mom who was just diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

So yea... keep on fake tanning and risking skin cancer... that's neat!!!!

Some people just amaze me!!!! I know we all have the right to our opionions... I guess my opinion is that woman is just plain stupid! And yes, I'm a bit touchy about the subject right now...

Just had to get that off my chest. Thanks all!!!

UPDATE: We did recently get some great news about my Mom-- her tumor marker is down to 49! and 35 is "normal"- it was up to 1,000 at one point... plus her tumor shrank by about 20-25%... so only maybe 75% to go!!! She hasn't had pain in weeks either- which is wonderful as for months she had horrible pain (before it was diagnosed) and it was very hard for her to even sleep at night. This gives us all renewed hope that she is kicking Cancers AR$$!!!!! Yay Mom :)

what drugs are these kind of people on when they're joking about cancer :wacko: so sorry to hear about your mum love :hugs: x x

what drugs are these kind of people on when they're joking about cancer :wacko: so sorry to hear about your mum love :hugs: x x

Thanks hun... we actually did just get some good news recently that the tumor has responded to chemo and it shrank by 20%. So that's something! Plus her pain is down- and we are just hopeful she continues to kick Cancers ARSS!!!

As we like to say... "Statistics don't mean CRAP!!!" :)

Wow what a stupid thing to say! They won't be laughing if god forbid either of them actually got skin cancer because of their sun bed use. Don't understand some people...

What a twat! It probably slipped out by mistake but seriously?!?! Thats just stupid!

Sorry about your mum but yay for the good news xx

An old friend of mine used to have unprotected sex with any guy that would look at her. When I pointed out the dangers she would just say "well promise you'll come & visit me when I'm in a hospice dying of AIDS" How the hell is that funny? Some people really do deserve a brain transplant!!!

Thanks hun... we actually did just get some good news recently that the tumor has responded to chemo and it shrank by 20%. So that's something! Plus her pain is down- and we are just hopeful she continues to kick Cancers ARSS!!!

As we like to say... "Statistics don't mean CRAP!!!" :)

aww that's fab news! Let's hope it goes altogether & the chemo keeps doing its job. :thumbup: xx

An old friend of mine used to have unprotected sex with any guy that would look at her. When I pointed out the dangers she would just say "well promise you'll come & visit me when I'm in a hospice dying of AIDS" How the hell is that funny? Some people really do deserve a brain transplant!!!

Wow... It truly astonishes me what people will do, let alone say!!!!

Wow some people are so stupid or don't actually realise the meaning of what they are saying

Wow what a thing to say!!!! Abit tasteless really isnt it

Some people really don't let their brain engage before they speak.

What a ridiculous thing to say and I guarantee she won't be laughing if the worse was ever to happen.

Idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->