Some People!

A

amjon

I am on a site that a mother posted about her son being autistic. She wondered if her birth with a midwife caused it. (Apparently, he stopped breathing as he was pressing against the pubic bone. A doctor was called in and used a vacuum to assist.) Someone told her it was because she didn't go to a "real medical professional" for prenatal care/ delivery and that her lack of "real medical care" caused her son's autism. What? How can people be so ignorant? I would trust the decision of a midwife over that of a doctor. So, tell your midwives they are "real" medical professional. :dohh:

What a horrible cruel thing to say. Obviously it was said out of ignorance, but still so hurtful. I wished people realized you have access to all the exact same test, the same health checks as you have with a doctor. Anytime a midwife feels something is not right, your care is transfer to a OB. Grrrr. Poor mama!

Plus, if he was still in the birth, he wouldn't be breathing anyway.

theres no need for a baby to breathe till the placenta detaches or cord is cut so the ignorant ppl saying those things should shut up, there can be an oxygen deprivation if the cord is trapped in the birth canal with the babies head though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->