Some questions....sorry!

chicksy

Reaction score
OK I am fairly new to this whole thing. Bear with me while I explain a little.

I had a miscarriage in 2003 with my ex, messy story!

In the later of 2003 I met my DH and within 3 months I was pregnant again long story. But I didnt find out I was pregnant for months as periods are very irregular.

Now I can count on my 2 hands how many AF I have had since the birth of my DS 3 years ago. Once my IUD was in my periods stopped all together. Now I have had it out.

So my questions are:

1. How do I work out when I ovulate with such irregular periods?

2. Is there anything I can take, vitamins or anything to incrase my chances?

3. How does the temprature thing work?

4. When do I test with irregular periods?

Im sorry if I sound really stupid and these are questions already asked on here. Thank you for all your time.

Sarah x

hello!!!
I'm new here too!
I've been trying for baby sinec August.

Hmmpp...you can buy ovulation test kits - i'd say they'd be your best bet with ireegular periods, though it could be expensive if you have no idea when you might ovulate.... you'd need to test everyday. And I've heard that they dont always work - sometimes they seem to miss the event as it can be so quick and in between testing.

I think the temperature thing is like this: basically your core temperature zooms up a degree or so just before you ovulate. So you make a ntoe of your temperature every day and when it goes up then bam the egg may be on it's way! I think......dont rely on this though as I may be wrong - google it.

Anyway, if I were you i'd try just having sex every 3 days or so. I'd not get too bogged down by the ovulation thing to start with maybe?

Or if you're very worried maybe see your doc to ask about your iregular periods?

Best of luck!!!!!!!

Thank you I have ordered some ovulation tests! With all this my BD my DH is starting to think its his birthday lol :blush:

:dust:

You can use Fertility Friend to chart.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com

You need a digital thermometer - just enter your temps each morn as you wake up - about same time and FF will help you out.

You can buy cheap OPK strips on the internet - buy loads since you are irregular. Buy about 100 - LOL. And test twice daily if poss.

BD very often as well. But not every day :) they saythat weakens the sperm count.

Hi chicksy im new here too. Iv bin charting my BBT and what iv found and read about is some women but not all see a temperature dip before the rise, the dip indicates ovulation once your temp has risen youve ovulated so for eg. your temps are quite low up til day 12 of your cycle then day 13 your temp dips down further thats ur ovulation day, then on day 14 your temp rises above all your other temps uv ovulated but you r still fertile on that day. hope you understand that. If you bear with me il have a look in my brilliant book about what to do bout irregular periods.

Thank you ladies. Im really glad I joined this site now. You all seem so nice, friendly and helpful. I will try not to ask to many annoying questions :blush:

Baby dust to you all

I don't know much about temping and irregular periods, but didn't want to just read and run.

Good luck for a speedy BFP hun. Oh, and congrats on your recent wedding!:hugs:

No no - not annoying at all!!!!

This is why this site is here!!! Ask ask ask......someone will always chime in with their knowledge.

I will send you a link with teh website where I bought my cheapie OPK strips.

Sending a PM now... :)

Thank you ladies. Im really glad I joined this site now. You all seem so nice, friendly and helpful. I will try not to ask to many annoying questions :blush:

Baby dust to you all

Well if ya do that woman, ya may as well bugger off :lol:.......seriously babe, you ask as many questions as you need to, that is what we are all here for, to help & support eachother!

Good luck with the OPK tests! :hugs:

Hi and welcome!!

Yeah we are all guilty of asking questions!!!!
So don't be affraid to ask anything.
Good luck TTC!!! And congrats on the wedding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->