Some reassurance?

Althara

Going to be an aunt! :D
Reaction score
Well, during my last AF I was on amoxicillin for an ear infection, which I knew would have adverse effects on my Pill... Knew we'd have to be careful for the week after, so we were over the weekend of 4th-7th... Stayed with him for a week the following Friday, so from the 11th - 19th... and we weren't so careful then :blush:

Now I've been absolutely shattered for the past 2 days or so, and feeling really nauseous for the last 2 days as well :( AF's due again next Friday, but in the meantime, what do you ladies think are the odds that I might actually be pregnant? :shrug: I think they're slim, but I'm paranoid and symptom-spotting!! xD :dohh:

Hey,

When did you Ovulate? Do you keep track of ovulation using temps and cv? It really depends on when you ovulate and the time around then. I'm sort of in the same boat minus the antibiotics. I don't keep track of ovulation and I'm 2 weeks late tomorrow. I tested when I was 3 days late and got a bfn and I'm testing again tomorrow because af is a no-show. I also am symptom spotting. We had 2 nights sort of using condoms - if you know what i mean (sorry if tmi). But it's hard waiting. I'd love to be pregnant, but it would be not the greatest timing and we want to wait until next october-novemberish.

Keep us updated :)

Millerbright she's on the pill so she doesn't have cycles she could track. If the antibiotics interfered with the pill then she could have ovulated at any point.
But I agree that the chances are slim Althara. The paranoia may well cause all those symptoms (been there more than once when I was younger). And you said yourself that you only needed to be careful for a week and you were? Or did I misread that? Anyway, you're probably ok. Try to put it out of your mind till next Friday and if AF doesn't show you can always test then. :hugs:

The silly thing is, although it'd be cursed inconvenient, I wouldn't really be too upset if I was xD So I'm sort of hoping and dreading at the same time - does that make sense? xD

Also, checked my packet this morning when I took my pill and only have 2 more to go xD So instead of another week of worrying, it's only 4 days! :happydance:

Hoping the worry won't make me late!! xD How disappointing would that be lol :dohh:

Don't forget you can still get AF when PG - and it's my understanding that is more likely when on the pill, so the only way of knowing for sure is to test a few days into AF. Hope that's more helpful than not lol!

Hope you get the answer you want hun! :)

Oh blimey xD So much for a quick "Phew, witch is here, no baby" hehehe

OH was getting worried by my nausea too, he tells me... Apparently when he asked this morning how I was feeling, he was praying I wasn't gonna say I actually had thrown up xD Bless him :)

Don't worry too much Althara. What's done is done. When you can check a pregnancy test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->