Some weight reassurance please

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Jess was born at 36weeks at 4lb 12oz, as of two weeks ago she weighed 10lbs 3oz, she is a week off 6 months. I'm getting her weighed tommorow and she is in 0-3 month clothes still, around the tummy she doesn't fit some of her 0-3 clothes -but I'm not sure if that's because of the make- some come up bigger than others.

She is following a line nicely in her red book and no one seems concerned, she does seem to be growing but I just can't get round the fact she is three months behind clothes wise and is still the size of a 1 month old baby

will she catch up ?? I'm weaning her at the moment blw and veg as of next week she will have everything.

She has rolled a few times but not done it since, she can't sit up, but does has excellent leg muscles and prefers to stand than sit

Hey,

She will catch up when she is good and ready. Harry was smaller at birth, he was 1pound 8 and at 10months today, he is weighing 13pound. He is in 0-3 and some 3-6 for lenght because he has such long legs! xxxxx

My ds is 17months and he is only on the 9th centile in his red book, on the other hand my 3 other's they've all caught up for there age. x

My LO was 5 months yesterday and at last baby clinic (last Thur) weighed 7lb 3oz. She has currently only just moved into 'newborn' clothes! (a lot of which are massive on her, as you say due to the make). She is nicely following the 9th centile line in her red book. HV and paed consultant are all happy with her weight.

If everyone is happy your LO is a fine weight and she is following a nice line in her red book then I wouldnt worry hun, she will catch up in her own time.:hugs:

My lo is 13 months actual / 10 months corrected and weighs 14lb 10oz. She has never been great at putting on weight and has followed the 0.4th centile. The consultant said it will take her several years to catch up but its not hindering her development in anyway she just looks extra cute when she is crawling as she is little :flower:

She is in 3-6 month clothes purely for length as her length is in the 9th centile. I find next clothes good as a lot of others are big around the waist.

As long as she isn't dropping through the centimes try not to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->