Someone please help, bleeding for 12 days *SAD UPDATE*

lylasmummy

Reaction score
Sorry for the TMI
I had my Mirena Coil taken out on the 4th Dec to start TTC, I had no AF at all while my coil was in, however since it was removed I have been bleeding very very heavy, constantly, I literally am having to change my tampon every 15 mins...

Its fresh red blood, also having lots and lots of clots.

Its 12 days now, and I feel so poorly, could this be due to the excessive bleeding?

Im so drained of all energy, wishing I never had it removed.

Ive had the coil before and had it removed to TTC Number 2, I had no bleeding that time and concieved first month.

I dont understand why Im bleeding so heavy and for so long this time, the clots are horrid too :cry:

Sorry for the TMI
I had my Mirena Coil taken out on the 4th Dec to start TTC, I had no AF at all while my coil was in, however since it was removed I have been bleeding very very heavy, constantly, I literally am having to change my tampon every 15 mins...

Its fresh red blood, also having lots and lots of clots.

Its 12 days now, and I feel so poorly, could this be due to the excessive bleeding?

Im so drained of all energy, wishing I never had it removed.

Ive had the coil before and had it removed to TTC Number 2, I had no bleeding that time and concieved first month.

I dont understand why Im bleeding so heavy and for so long this time, the clots are horrid too :cry:

Hi hun.

I had my Mirena coil removed back in the beginning of September, and I had the exact same as you, bleeding bad for about 2 weeks then it stopped. Since then I've had 3 normal periods. If it doesn't stop in a couple of days I'd suggest speaking to your GP incase they've accidently damaged you but don't worry too much :)

STOP using tampons and use a regular/super pad. It is a better indicator of flow. Tampons cause blood to pool and clot and disguise actual flow. This is what my OB told me when I was bleeding after my mirena coil was removed last month. If your flow is still heavy, GET IN TO YOUR OB ASAP!

I called the docs earlier and the nurse that removed it has just called me after i posted lol... She has made me an appointment to see a doc first thing in the morning, maybe they can prescribe me something to stop the bleeding :shrug:

Thanks for your reply, pleased to hear I'm not the only one...

I forgot to mention I had my smear test at the same time, that has come back normal :thumbup:

STOP using tampons and use a regular/super pad. It is a better indicator of flow. Tampons cause blood to pool and clot and disguise actual flow. This is what my OB told me when I was bleeding after my mirena coil was removed last month. If your flow is still heavy, GET IN TO YOUR OB ASAP!

A pad isnt enough, as soon as I stand its literally pouring out of me :cry:

A pad isnt enough, as soon as I stand its literally pouring out of me :cry:

Is that rush of blood immediately after removing a tampon or after several minutes? It may just be coming out after being pooled if its immediate. I would stay home today if I were you, to avoid any embarrassing accidents! Anyway, glad you can see your doc soon!

Glad your booked in, I'm sure everything will be fine keep us posted x

I use a tampon, then after 10 minutes its coming past it and pouring out, the tampon is at full capacity and its then coming thru my pad :cry:
Ive had this for 2 weeks, not just today.

Roll on doc appointment in the morning

Ok, so I saw doctor this morning, she think its possibly an early miscarriage... We DTD about a week before my coil was removed so its possiblt I guess.

She has given me some meds to stop the bleeding

Ok, so I saw doctor this morning, she think its possibly an early miscarriage... We DTD about a week before my coil was removed so its possiblt I guess.

She has given me some meds to stop the bleeding

I'm so sorry, :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"