Someone please send me in the right direction. Thanks!

DollPosse

Reaction score
Please help me out here!
I have been looking for Pampers xs diapers and I cannot find them. I live in Canada and in very few places I can find Pampers regular Preemie size but not the xs. I even contacted Pampers about this through their Canadian site and they sent me to two sites one of which doers not actually sell this product and the other of course does not deal with Canada.

The reason I am looking for this size is because like my first daughter this baby will be a preemie and the hospitals here do not supply anything, so I need to have diapers that will actually fit my baby. The reason I am looking for Pampers xs is because even though my daughter was 5 lbs newborn diapers were absolutely huge and even regular sized preemie diapers that went up to 6lbs were too big and my daughter was born at 35 weeks. There is the possibility that this baby will come before 35 weeks.

Obviously I will make due with regular Preemie diapers if need be but at this point I would rather have the xs and know that they may not get used than to have diapers that are too big and leak all over the place and go up my baby's armpits. lol.
The site doesn't have to be a Canadian site just a site with international shipping. I did check Amazon and they only sell the regular Preemie size.

I'm not sure hun but if I see or hear of anything I'll let you know.

Sophie was 5lbs 6 when she came home and she was in newborn and they were ok. Our hospital provided teeny ones when she was first born - she was only 1lb 13 so absolutely tiny.

I'll keep my eyes open for you on the internet.

xxx

Often the hospital put the bigger preemie nappies in Abby's cabinet but we just folded down the top bit and they fitted fine. Can you ask the hospital if they have a supplier and buy them from them? It seems strange if they expect you to supply them yourself but you can't buy them.

Are these any good? https://cheekychumsonline.co.uk/ite...s-nappies-pack-30-for-baby-weighing-3-5lb.htm

Thanks so much!

I have two packs of regular preemie diapers that go up to 6lbs but even my daughter who was born around 5 lbs and 18 inches long found them to be big. My daughter was a New Years baby and even into April she was wearing size 0-3 months. Even by this time she was still in Newborn that went up to 10lbs. She finally hit 12lbs in early May of 2006. Yes she was a very well fed baby. lol

I have a list of supplies I am suppose to have for the baby and I have to provide everything. Even if I had a full-term baby and stayed for the usual 2 days they still demand that you bring at least 2 dozen diapers. For my daughter they did not even have preemie diapers. We actually had no idea with my daughter that we had to supply diapers while she stayed there but even after just having a C Section they made my husband go out and buy a box very early in the morning.

If nothing else I have 2 packs of regular preemie diapers ready to go in our car when need be. lol

I have to agree that it sounds a bit rotten that you have to supply them yourself but then don't recommend a supplier, given that the XS are a very bespoke size. Have you tried phoning the hospital's NICU and asking them if they can give you any pointers? You can't be the first Mum to ask them that question.

Where in Canada are you?

Ive had two preemies (one at 23 weeks and the other 33 weeks) both at differing hospitals in BC and both times they gave us and supplied us with diapers. I cannot believe any hospital in Canada would make you have your own diapers at birth...Ive never ever heard of that. Especially a NICU. That's so crazy! Im utterly shocked.

So much so I want to write a letter complaining!

With our 23 weeker we used the Pampers preemie sized rolled down. As far as I know you can't get anything smaller here.

I do however know Kushies sells washable preemie diapers which are small enough less than 5lbs.

Hmm my little guy was in two NICUs - the first supplied diapers, the second didn`t. I thought that was pretty rotten of them - was par with the rest of their services, which I found so-so. Glad my little one was only on cpap / room air by then. Gah I hated that place.

Usually you can use the preemie diapers, rolled down a bit. Or ask other parents in the nicu where they found theirs

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->